GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Possible new truck? Can u help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	43170
    Hey yal, my friends grandfather has this old truck he hasnt used in years... he said that he would give it to him if he wanted it. can anyone tell me what model year this is and any other helpful info about it. thanks
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

Looks like early 1980's, pull the VIN number and google it, should be able to get all the info

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

looks like a late 70's or early 80's silverado custom.
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

Stacked headlights means it an 84 through 87, wheels and shortbed tell me it's a 1/2 ton.
    Engine combination could be either 4.3/700R4, 305/700R4, 350/700R4, or maybe a 7.4 but that would be rare in a half ton.
    Probably has a 10 bolt r/r axle.
    Looks like a nice straight body without rust, known corrosion areas on this body style are above the wheels wells frt/rr and back bottom corners of the cab.
    Basic body style for this truck is from 1973 to 1987 model yrs, almost any parts from those years can fit or be made to fit.
    This model Chevy is called "Square body".
    Most popular body style to date that GM has ever manufactured.
    Shares 90% of it's parts with the GMC truck of the same model yrs. Most of the different parts are in the interior with the GMC truck having a slightly upgraded interior of the two.
    15x7" ralley wheels were a $258 option and the two tone paint was a $372 option, white wall tires like it has on now were included with the ralley wheel option.
    Looks like someone stopped using the under the bed tire carrier, the bed rails are an aftermarket item, and the exhaust (whats visible) looks to be factory.

If it doesnt run and is just a rolling body from what I see in the picture it would be worth around $500, if it runs, depending on how well and how it shifts the price could jump as high as $2000.
    This year truck doesnt have a computer but will have electronic ignition or electronic spark control, all parts for this truck are readly available on line or at most auto parts stores.

I've bought and sold probably 70 or more trucks like this one, though I cant see the passenger side it looks very straight which is getting hard to come by, even if it has a bad engine or trans it looks to be in good enough shape to drop a new driveline in and either build or resell.
    Last edited by tbplus10; 08-23-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Stacked headlights means it an 84 through 87, wheels and shortbed tell me it's a 1/2 ton.
    Engine combination could be either 4.3/700R4, 305/700R4, 350/700R4, or maybe a 7.4 but that would be rare in a half ton.
    Probably has a 10 bolt r/r axle.
    Looks like a nice straight body without rust, known corrosion areas on this body style are above the wheels wells frt/rr and back bottom corners of the cab.
    Basic body style for this truck is from 1973 to 1987 model yrs, almost any parts from those years can fit or be made to fit.
    This model Chevy is called "Square body".
    Most popular body style to date that GM has ever manufactured.
    Shares 90% of it's parts with the GMC truck of the same model yrs. Most of the different parts are in the interior with the GMC truck having a slightly upgraded interior of the two.
    15x7" ralley wheels were a $258 option and the two tone paint was a $372 option, white wall tires like it has on now were included with the ralley wheel option.
    Looks like someone stopped using the under the bed tire carrier, the bed rails are an aftermarket item, and the exhaust (whats visible) looks to be factory.

If it doesnt run and is just a rolling body from what I see in the picture it would be worth around $500, if it runs, depending on how well and how it shifts the price could jump as high as $2000.
    This year truck doesnt have a computer but will have electronic ignition or electronic spark control, all parts for this truck are readly available on line or at most auto parts stores.

I've bought and sold probably 70 or more trucks like this one, though I cant see the passenger side it looks very straight which is getting hard to come by, even if it has a bad engine or trans it looks to be in good enough shape to drop a new driveline in and either build or resell.

Now that's what I call information!

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

All I can say is WOW @tbplus10 all from the pic
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

What can I say I'm a fan of square body GM's, like I said I've bought/sold over 70 of them in the last 20 years and dont think I havent wanted to keep almost every one of them.
    Possibly my most favorite vehicle since the possibilities for builds on them is endless, the other only vehicle that has as many or more aftermarket parts available is the Jeep CJ and Wrangler.
    Their like Lego's for grown up kids.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Their like Lego's for grown up kids.
    that is the greatest analogy i've heard. lol. you can swap so many parts from different ones too its like matching lego's from different sets!
    05' GMC Sierra 1500 quad cab 5.3L Daily Driver and tow rig

Thank you very much for the information it was very helpful. ill let you know how it goes.

I'm not sure why but I have always been a fan of the square bodies from the '80s. If it runs, OP, that is a nice find! Congrats to your friend.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by