GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 99 K2500 oil line leaks

Hi,
    Im new here and seeking advice. My 99 has a oil leak in the hose coming from the DS of the radiator (5.7) and it appears to run back under the engine to the engine (I suspect oil cooler lines) and they are wet at the crimp.
    The Dealer said these are $85.00 each and I would like to know if I can get them somewhere else (cheaper of course) or just eliminate them?

If I eliminate them then I need to know what size or type of caps or plugs do I need to look for to plug the radiator and the engine?

Thanks for your help
    Jack

They are much cheaper at an auto parts store like Autozone. I wouldn't eliminate them its much more difficult to remove the nuts then replace the lines. Did them on my 96 would suggest doing oil change at the same time because removing the lines will cause most of the oil in the truck to flow out so just drain oil and then remove filter and pop of the quick connect fittings and unscrew them from the cooler but make sure you don't put them in the wrong place top on top bottom on bottom. any other help I'll be on all day I did mine a couple months ago.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Thanks Conlan,
    I did not know the part stores carried these.

No problem

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door