GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Power locks on 2000 Sliverado

All,

I need some help in where to start troubleshooting issues with the power locks on a 99 (2000 bodystyle) silverado.

Neither power door lock works. I can manually lock and unlock both doors just fine. when I press the L or U I do hear the relays click in the fuse box. I have the covers off of the fuse boxes and have checked all the fuses that I figured were part of the power locks....

So I am not sure where to test.. I have the door pan off. I see I have 3 elec plugs that go to the door lock assembly. One of the plugs has 12 volt on it. It does not change when the L or U is pressed. One plug is for the door buzzer and the other one I assume is the switch... I am not sure how to test that?

Can you guys help?

I want to know the answer to this one too. I actually bought a left and right lock actuator online (delco) at $85 each (dealer was $170 each) and replacing that did not fix it in my 2000 Silverado. Exact same symptoms. I also checked the fuses and relays.

Your truck may need to relearn the receiver you can find the instructions online it's really easy to do usually.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

That's kinda funny, I have the opposite problem. I can't get my doors to lock manually, but my power switch works...
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kady View Post
    That's kinda funny, I have the opposite problem. I can't get my doors to lock manually, but my power switch works...
    That just means the switch is probably dead or improperly connected. Check the connection and check if power is getting to the switch may require taking that part of your door apart.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I have my door apart right now to replace my window regulator... But i have noooo idea how to check if power is getting to the switch..
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Use a multi meter and test the wire connectors and see the voltage and if it is drawing any amps

I don't have a key-less remote to try on this one, so I can't see how it has anything to do with relearning the fob.

They are not locking when I press L or U on the driver or passanger doors... I do here the relay click.. just nothing at the door..

I have 12 volts on one of the plugs...

So I am guessing that one of the plugs going to the lock assembly has 12 volts, one is the indacator for the dome light and door dinger.. The other plug what is it supposed to do with L or U is pressed on the door? Know if it sets switch on or off.. could it be tested with a continuity tester?

It should be able to test with continuity tester because it has to send signal somewhere.

So, the buttons have power and when you press L or U you hear the actuators but the door doesn't physically lock/unlock? If that's the case and I didn't misread something, then it sounds to me like the actuators are disconnected from the physical lock.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast