GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Wisconsinite 94 chevy, totally got ripped off, new to trucks need help!

Hey GMTC, I have a 1994 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton factory 5spd manny 4x4 ext cab short bed. It has a 3" chassis lift in front and 4" chassis lift in back. Has Rancho 5000 in front (probably garbage) and stock in rear. Has detroit air lockers too that apparently work. Has a tbi 350ci from a 1991 chevy caprice apparently.
    I got SUPPPPPER ripped off because this guy basically told me it has an oil leak and needed brake lines but everything else worked....and it did, for the first WEEK. So in short, engine is prolly garbage, (And there was mention of a PROM somewhere on a chevy website, but I dont know anything about any PROM's on the truck so idk if it needs to be swapped or not). Now that i have everything running, the engine started surging, the tach needle is going all over the place, and the shift up light is blinking randomly.

Please help me out, especially because I dont know a lot about trucks or domestic market at all. Ive been into Nissans the past 10 years so dont hate but help
    Last edited by DeathByNissan55; 08-24-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the club
    Glynis - Lucedale, MS
    Coming soon: Tahoe, Silverado or Sierra 2003 or newer

If the truck originally came with a 350, the computer should be just fine as it is. As for the problems, a great place to start is a shop manual... not the kind you get at the auto parts store... a GM factory shop manual. They can be had on ebay pretty cheap. Sounds like a wiring issue.

EDIT: I was able to find a PDF copy of the service manuals from 88-99. Cost me 12 bux. Do a google search for "1994 c/k service manual PDF" and you will get several links to YouTube. That's where I found it.

Now I can keep it on my iPad instead of on the shelf and print pages as needed... MUCH better than the 10 pounds of paper I have for my express van!
    Last edited by moogvo; 08-24-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Welcome to the G M T C!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome to the club!

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Welcome to GM Truck Club! I hope you find the help and answers you need, here.