GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0449 cel

I called my dealership, what a joke. Parts dept is open 730am to 430pm. No weekends, no late hrs and they won't ship or leave the part for me to pickup. So, I went onto Gmpartsdirect.com, and found the solenoid for about half the price. I just need to give them the VIN to confirm if it's the right kit and what's included. There's tubing that you need to relocate the solenoid, and the kit doesn't show tubing. Once I confirm I'll order from them. Only downside is it takes 5-7 days and no priority delivery, but that gives me until next weekend to install.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Ordered my kit today from GMPartsDirect.com. Good price, although they hit you with $20 for shipping and no rush options. Still saving over dealership prices.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Cool I'm free Monday and heading out to Farmingdale for a drop off today... If your out there call me..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Cool I'm free Monday and heading out to Farmingdale for a drop off today... If your out there call me..
    I won't have the part until late next week, and am working during the week. Let me know if you can do a weekend. We can go fishing once we have the parts installed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    Al,
    This was one of the things they replaced when I was having all the issues with my CEL. They did the work under warranty. So I can't really help you there.. but if the CEL remains on then it might be the same issue I was having on mine..

btw, since they dropped the tank and replaced the fuel sending unit I have gone about 2 weeks with no CEL (but I have been riding my bike a lot also...)
    Well, my CEL came back on this morning.. I am assuming it will be related to the same EVAP error I have been having issues with. Will update once I know for sure. Makes me glad that I went ahead and bought the extended warranty last weekend, almost chickened out thinking that my issues were resolved..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    Well, my CEL came back on this morning.. I am assuming it will be related to the same EVAP error I have been having issues with. Will update once I know for sure. Makes me glad that I went ahead and bought the extended warranty last weekend, almost chickened out thinking that my issues were resolved..
    Let me know what the dealer says. The part didn't show up today. Hopefully tomorrow, otherwise I'm delayed another week.

Trying to post videos...let's see if this works.

I installed the new solenoid and filter today, and it was quick. I got the kit from GMPartsdirect and bough a length of 5/8 heater hose (or similar) from the local Car Quest. I just need to get the hose clamps and it's done.

This first video is tough to see, and may make some seasick, but I followed the solenoid forward to the "filter", which on my '09 is already on the tranny. The old one popped out and the new one popped right back in. The solenoid takes a little more work and cutting to remove, but all in all a pretty easy replacement. If this vid works, I'll post the other.

If you made it through the first vid without getting sick, this one shows the tools used, the parts replaced and the hose. I have a third vid on my Photobucket account, but it shows that my remote start works after I cleared the CEL with my iPhone goLink cable and app.

Last edited by Als09Sierra; 09-16-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

need a little more light but looks good.. I'll be right over...

It was hard to tell when I took the vid if there was enough light or not. Then I realized after I took it that the phone was upside-down, but all in all a pretty easy replacement. Come on out and we'll take care of yours too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12