GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chip, Programmer, or Tuner Mods 07-12

I know that on a gas burner there isn't as much of an increase like a diesel, but I wanna know what ya'll have done to increase horses and which chips, programmers, or tuners ya'll have found to be favorites and which arent so good!

'07 GMC Sierra SLT Z71

Mods: 2" RC Leveling Kit; K&N Air Filter; Black Low-Pro Tool Box; Tinted Tail Lights; Debadged; GMS Emblem Painted Black; 5% Tint; 2 12" CVR's
    Soon To Come: RC 3" Suspension/1.25" Body Lift; 17" Ballistic Jesters (Black); Open Country M/T; 1.5" Spacers; K&N 63 Series; Magnaflow Exhaust; Runcool Hood Louvers; Westin HDX Guard & Winch Tray; Bushwacker Boss Fenders; Bullydog Triple Dog GT Tuner

Sr. Mechanic

For a gas burner the best tune you can do is a custom tune from someone like blackbear, diablew and a couple others

Look into lew he's a member of the site and can set you up with a tuner and custom tunes to go with. Opening up the front and rear of the motor with a CIA, headers and exhaust along with the tune well give you a much faster truck. Then I'd start looking into port work and a cam.dont forget bout your tranny once you start making good power. Also your brakes cuz going fast isnt fun when you don't stop.

Sierra11. I see your from ttown? You a student?
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Sr. Mechanic

Yeah I am a student here. Do you ever make it down here?

Live of Hargrove on prince ave live here year road for at least another year

I had a special high performance shop here in Auburn simply plug in their lap top to my ecu and put the truck on their dynomometer after doing other more substantial modifications (high torque roller camshaft, roller lifters, aluminum large combustion chamber heads, custom steel roller rocker assemblies, etc.) and they tuned the ecu and the transmission shifting to maximize torque and horsepower. This is the best way to do it in my opinion. Find a shop that is good at tuning your OEM ecu on a dynomometer. You get exactly what the engine needs instead of someone else's formula.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling