GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default So I got a new truck in May and I haven't been on the forum in MONTHS, check it out!

What's up guys so like I said in the title I bought the truck in May and I've been able to do more to this truck in three months than what I had done in two years with my '09. The truck is almost the same got a White Crew Cab 1500 but it's a 2011 and an LT, I ended up going with 22" XD Series Black Hoss (with a 0 offset) and 305/45/R22 Nitto Dune Grapplers the Tires are a little thinner than I'd like, but I could not change my mind on these rims, and the 20's for this model wheel just didn't do it for me. So far, upgrades have been just been a 2.25" Ready Lift Leveling Kit in the front and a 3" block in the back (to get just a little rake back for towing). Custom painted my bowties black and orange (front and rear), also painted (with high temp ceramic enamel) my calipers and drums a chevy orange. Line-X'd my bed and rear wheel wells (Not shown in the pic), installed a bed extender, and the GM tonneau bed cover with the bowtie on it. LED Reverse Lights, and License Plate Lights, and 10% tints all around

So this is what it looked like stock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stock truck.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	43208

These are some of the upgrade items

Name:	lift.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	43211

Name:	wheels.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	43210

Name:	tires.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	43209

Name:	bowtie.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	43212

And this is what it looked like after I did most of the mods I mentioned above (minus the sprayed wheel wells)

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	43213

Looks great. I really like the custom painted bowties. Any good pics of those?
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Looks really nice like it a lot ..I was thinking bout those rims also but not till spring

Welcome to the club! Truck is looking real nice.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Really like that black bowtie with the orange outline. The calipers look pretty good behind those wheels too

Mud Truck
    1984 Chevy K5 Blazer
    -454 Edelbrock V8
    -33" BFG Mud Tires

Daily Driver
    2006 Chevy Silverado K1500 LT Z71 - 5.3 V8
    -Bull Bar
    -Step Bars
    -Flowmaster 40 with dual tailpipes
    -Smoked Tails

You don't actually intend to take those Dune Grapplers on dunes rolling on 22's, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    You don't actually intend to take those Dune Grapplers on dunes rolling on 22's, do you?
    Not really, why is there something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    Looks great. I really like the custom painted bowties. Any good pics of those?
    What do you mean, like on the truck I'll take some pics this week and post 'em as soon as I can...

In general, big rims and small tire walls equate to solid pavement-only use. Small rims with lots of tire wall usually equate to solid off-road and/or pavement use.

For off-road use you usually want lots of tire wall to protect your rim investment (from a bent/damaged rim) when hitting big ruts at full inflation. Tire wall height becomes even more important in sand and mud where you usually air down your tires to get more footprint. Big rims with super low profile tires will preclude this in most cases, as there's little footprint gain by airing down a tire that has almost no tire wall.

There's nothing 'wrong', per se. Airing down to 12-15 psi for use on a beach isn't something I'd be prone to doing on low profile tires ... but would readily do on 65, 70, or 75-series tires.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 08-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. I like what you have done to your truck so far, good job. Keep posting pictures of your progress.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by