GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome to the club and enjoy the site.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Welcome to the club!

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

You should be following the guide in the owner's manual. If you don't have one, they are available on-line.

If you purchased the truck used, following the owner's guide is a must (the previous owner may not have performed proper maintenance).

My 2cents
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Welcome to the G M T C!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

It didn't come with one and I am just trying to do all the recommended stuff I don't no anything about the newer motors. All go buy one soon. Can you here the injectors in these motors

Here is a link to GM, the '07 is no longer listed, but this manual for the '09 should work http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ado_owners.pdf

Yes, injectors can be heard, they click. However, it would probably not stop clicking when hot.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Chevy 1500 View Post
    Thank you all try that and can you here the injectors on theses trucks? I am going to do the oil Friday and plugs when I have the extra money what plugs should I use? Also should I have the transmission flushed and the filter changed the fluid in it doesn't smell burnt it just smells old.
    At 262K miles, yeah, I'd do a transmission service, but I'd start with dropping the transmission pan and changing the transmission filter. Flushes are great, in that they replace all the fluid, but if your filter is clogged, the transmission flush isn't going to fix that. At that much mileage, the filter should definitely get some attention. Transmission fluid flush is optional after changing the filter and replacing a portion of the fluid (about 4 quarts?) in the pan drop. Personally, I would do the filter/pan drop, and then in 6 months do a fluid flush.

Recommend also cleaning the throttle body, checking the plugs (and replacing if necessary) and doing a fuel filter replacement (can't recall if that model year has an inline or not... if it does, replace it.).

How is the suspension? That's a butt-load of miles on a 5 year old vehicle!

Welcome to the club!

-Skippy
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12