GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Locking gas cap for 09 Sierra?

Some waste of human life is going around my neighborhood siphoning gas, and Lord know's we all pay way too much for the stuff. So I'm looking to invest in a locking gas cap hoping it might possibly deter a thief.

Problem is, I have looked online and can't find one ANYWHERE that fits an 09 Sierra. Anyone else on here have one or know where I can get one? Please someone help. I'd really hate to use the 2nd amendment. lol
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...14_13324_5269_
    Heres one from autozone there may be more on the site it was first I found

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Ironically enough, I found one shortly after I posed on advanced auto's website. I looked everywhere through a google search and on ebay, etc. but no luck.

Thank you though, thats the exact one I found and will buy and install tomorrow. It's sad I have to take this countermeasure because people in my area are too cracked out on drugs to get there own damn job and pay for gas themselves. ugh
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

That does suck that people are ballsie enough to steal gas.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I bought one at Auto Zone a while back.
    Hopefully the piece of turd swallows to much gas while siphoning and then decides to have a cigarette to get the taste out of his mouth, saw it happen to a dirt bag in Italy a few years back, the end result wasnt pretty.

I bought a locking gas cap several years ago when gas went over $2.00/gal. I found it at a local auto parts chain. I want to say Pep Boys but it may have been an O'Riley's or Autozone. I can't remember exactly.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

just a word of warning though about locling gas caps, we bought them for our pick-up fleet at work last year and a month later someone came by to steal the fuel, since they couldnt get the caps off the punched a hole in the corner of the tank on one that had a plastic fuel tank and cut the supply hose on another truck, cost us way more to fix than the $40 or $50 worth of fuel in the tanks. We now leave our tanks empty at night and refuel in the am.

If they are caught, and they are on private property, can't you exercise your second amendment right? My area is relatively safe and I park in my driveway. I heard the alarm go off and since I don't have a gun at the moment, all they saw was my 1watt laser pointed at them and when they stopped, I was already on the phone with the local PD.

The company I work for is a bunch of pansies, they wont even prosecute when we catch the worthless sobs. Their afraid it'll give them a bad name, they rather pay for the damage than take a chance upsetting someone.
    If it were up to me I'd blast'em then go over and kick away that unregistered gun they had in their hand with no serial number on it, I have no pity for theives, maybe I can convince them to use rock salt, at least that way the thieves learn a lesson but it isnt lethal.