GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Coffee Can Mufflers

Just wondering if anyone else has annoying people with Hondas and Acuras around with "coffee can" mufflers or "fart can" mufflers equipped where they live. Now for the record, I have nothing against Honda/Acura or any other Japanese made car, because some of my favorite vehicles actually hail from the Land of the Rising Sun. However, I do not like obnoxious exhaust notes that sound like upset sheep (BAAAAAAA, reached a shift point, BAAAAAAA, going to WOT, BAAAAHHHHH) or angry bees/hornets or like an aggravated chain saw. It usually just makes me laugh though, especially when the driver thinks it's "cool." Just curious if anyone else is annoyed by such equipped vehicles. Noise doesn't necessarily mean horsepower...

http://i.qkme.me/3ozrw9.jpg

My neighbor across the street has one of those on both his hatchback Civic and his Chevy Caviler. The rims on both those cars are worth more then the cars. Its really sad. I much rather the semi-quiet but throaty deep growl of my trucks factory exhaust.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Those things always make me laugh...

I saw a Honda Ridgeline truck with one downtown a few months ago.....It sounded just like a Civic. Great way to ruin your half-decent truck.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

I love when they want to get next to me in my cobra and drop a gear and try n take off. I rarely need to down shift just get up in the boost and go flying by. I don't get it. They're everywhere in Atlanta. I've owned 240s in my drift days but I made sure they never sounded,like a fart
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I like to laugh at the guys that are driving some crap 4 banger car (especially a 4 door) with the hub caps missing, crap for paint, stick on hood scoops and vents (all crooked), a BIG aluminum drag car wing Especially when they couldn't be bothered to put it on straight), a fart can and a load of performance stickers on the doors.

I had a Pontiac Aztek... 3.4L V6 engine bone stock. I pull up at a traffic light where 2 young guys in a Dodge Neon with all of the crap listed above pull up next to me. The guy in the passenger's seat was leaning forward with his head down low next to the bottom of the window... I suppose it was his "cool" riding position. He had on a knit cap down over his eye brows. the driver was revving the engine up and shouting at me "C'mon Grandpa! Let's see what ya got (Mind you, I was 35 at the time). I was laughing so hard that I didn't notice that the light had turned green and the guy stalled his neon. So we take off. I was just leisurely cruising next to them while he was giving it everything he could to get that crap wagon rolling. The passenger snarked his nose and tried to blow a snotter at me, which stuck to his face as the wind blew it across his face and onto the rear window of the car. I laughed as loud as I could, pressed the accelerator down (Not anywhere NEAR wide open throttle) and left the snotter brothers like they were sitting still.

Morons!
    Last edited by moogvo; 08-28-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Favorite thing I did like that was make a BMW driver look stupid after he was being an *** and driving as fast as he could and doing complete full throttle take offs at lights. I got to a light and was behind him when it turned green he floored it and I got on his *** barely at 1/2 throttle and stayed there until we hit a school zone then I let him go on his marry way. Saw him like three weeks after at the same light was behind him and he quickly turned the other direction. Guess he learned his lesson.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like a punch of priceless experiences all you fellow members have had! And some sound like Kodak moments!!! Haha these replies gave me a good laugh. Thanks!!!