GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Tool

I have many tools that i don't think I could live without but I think my favorite would have to be my air compressor.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

1"inch Cp air gun. It gets the job done when I need a little extra twist
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Have to say my Leatherman Charge Ti with extra bit kit is my go-to tool of choice. Small enough to take with me anywhere (never leave home without it), and durable enough for pretty much any job I need it for. Had mine for about 7 year now (originally bought while in the Navy stationed in Japan), and have never looked back! The added bit kit is like a toolbox on my belt! Top all of that with the 25 year warranty (used it once when the hinge was getting loose, was sent back to me like new!) and you'll be hard pressed to find a better device for everyday use!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    Out of curiosity.... What is your favorite tool? This tool can be anything used for working on a car, around the house, or on the job.
    10mm sized socket because that's the one that fits a majority of the bolts on my Chevy.

Blog Entries

Seeing as how I really only use one tool now-a days, it would be my work cell phone. It's just a Motorola Barrage, but I do everything I have to do for work from it.

Second would be my Kobalt socket set, but that's technically more than one tool.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

the only correct answer to this question is a slip joint pliers, maybe a vice grip...

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    the only correct answer to this question is a slip joint pliers, maybe a vice grip
    No, I'm pretty sure duct tape is the correct answer here.

For me, my Rigid cordless drill would by my fav. Although it came in a set that included a circular saw and a saws-all so the whole trio might be my fav. All three are quite powerful for being cordless.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

3/8 drive ratchet

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Had a late uncle that was a WWII fighter plane crew chief and later a farm equipment service rep. He told me once that the handiest things in my tool box would be an assortment of pry/alignment bars. He was right, I have accumulated lots of them, from 10 in. long to 5 ft. long. some "store" bought, some homemade. Also like the BFH answer - Had an old truck mechanic tell me "never force anything, get a big enough hammer in the first place". Ken

oxy-actelyne torch.

Don't get mad, just cut that ####### ###### off.

and
    Milwaukee Sawzall (for workin' on the house)
    Lerch
    This is Chevy Country.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast