GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Favorite Tool

Default Favorite Tool

Out of curiosity.... What is your favorite tool? This tool can be anything used for working on a car, around the house, or on the job.

My favorite tool is my Ryobi Autoshift power drill. It automatically shifts from speed to high torque when it feels it is needed making securing any fastener easy and fast. Its almost as powerful as a impact driver just with out the impacting part. Its also part of the Ryobi 18V ONE+ system of tools that can use any of three batteries (classic ni-cad, compact lithium, or high-capacity lithium) and works with over 50+ tools so you never need to buy another battery because they all are compatible.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

@Coach24 is a tool. He might even be a fav...

My Leatherman multi tool.
    Randy AKA (Sparky)
    06 Z71 5.3L flex fuel
    6" fabTech lift
    LT315/70R17 BF All Terrain
    Pro Comp Series 1059 Wheels
    weather Tech rain shields
    Spectra air filter and air duct tube
    Cheap camo seat covers :lol:

Jr. Apprentice

I always grab a long handled hammer before I start working on my trucks. It seems like every repair requires a good whack or two from a hammer!

My BFH! Second place is a tie between the cordless Dremel tool and the 600 Foot Pound impact wrench! MORE POWER!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Jr. Mechanic

My favorite tool would have to be my Milwaulkee Sawzall.....I may not use it as much as others but when I do need it, it gets the job done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsparky View Post
    My Leatherman multi tool.
    I hear ya man. I saw an article comparing a Leatherman multi tool to a Swiss Army Knife in an old issue of Popular Mechanics (if I am not mistaken). Looks like a very dependable tool, hence why you listed it in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    My BFH! Second place is a tie between the cordless Dremel tool and the 600 Foot Pound impact wrench! MORE POWER!
    I can almost imagine you laughing like a mad scientist LOL. Power! More POWER!! WOOHAAAHA! Hammers do come in handy. My favorite tool is my probably right foot cause it takes the function of a "hammer" when I "nail" down on the throttle!! Ha. Plus I use to make nice music with my engine. There's something almost majestic and soothing about a V-8 approaching its redline.

All time favorite is the sledge hammer, or as we like to call it the fine tuner. I also love my Stihl chainsaw, rips through trees and very dependable.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by