GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Everyone is entitled to their "opinion" Some people are not going to like under carriage lights and some are. I say do it. If I had the budget, I would have enough lights on my truck to light up an air strip.

Quote Originally Posted by ffdsmokeeater View Post
    Green ghetto lights? Not at all! lol The link I sent to you should have taken you to the white under body lights. Basically, the look I'm going for is to light up the under body/perimeter of the truck ONLY when I get in and out of the vehicle (unlock doors, open doors).

The lights would be tied into turn on ONLY when the interior lights turn on...
    The stereotypical vehicle on which such lighting is often found is an Acura RSX, Honda Civic SI, or similar ... frequently with a ghetto wing, a big coffee can muffler that sounds like a fart, and some Veilside or similar decals so that people conjure up ideas of Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift when they see the vehicle.

I can't say I'd want to make my truck look like a riced out car, but to each his/her own!

Surreal

P.S. I used 'green' to get some alliteration going with the term 'ghetto'. The colour wasn't what made the lighting ghetto to me; anything ricer-esque is ghetto to me, no matter the colour -- and I mock ricers ruthlessly. I'm not trying to be insulting, I just look upon trucks in a very different light from riced-out imports.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 08-30-2012 at 06:07 AM.

If the floor boards are staying a few LED's that only came on as you described isn't a bad idea. The power folding boards come with them, or it's an option. Nothing as bright as what that Land Rover has but just enough to light up the boards.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Master Mechanic

I'm a big fan of LED lighting accessories and like the look of these in a big rig and I think you're truck is big enough to pull it off.

Well, I decided to remove the lights this past weekend. I'm going to install the white underbody lights and tie them in to turn on when I get in and out of my truck (for extra light around the perimeter).

Also FYI... the amber lights are for sale if anyone is interested!
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 4x4
    Sun Roof, Navigation, Rhino Bed, Rhino Under, PlastiDip Rear Bumper, PlastiDip Bow Ties, PlastiDip Running Boards, LED Taillights, LED Parking Lamps, LED Interior Dome, LED Turn Arrows, Back-up Camera, Tri-Fold Tonneau, HID 5000K Fogs, Lows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12