GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default My Truck ~ 2004 GMC Sierra EXT Z71 5.3 (Lots of Pics!)

Here are a few pic of my truck.... began modding it about 3.5 years ago. Finally got it about were i wanted it

Heres what She looks like now

about a year and ahalf ago i decided it was time to ditch my shorties and throw these bad boys on

While in welding class i built my own box for my CAI worked out pretty good

Did a rough port job on my Throttle Body

After saving up for about 8 months i finally Got my cam put in

My latest mod was a set of custom heads from a guy at Hendricks racing with a matched Intake manifold

Future mods: i plan on getting new gears eather 4:30's or 4:56's a cir_d 3000-3200 stall shift kit and new rims and tires
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

Blog Entries

Wow, you've done a ton of work....very nice! With your engine/exhaust mods, how much of a difference is there with hp, mileage, etc.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Now THAT'S how you mod a truck! A cold air intake and an exhaust system to provide the air that the ENGINE needs for it's mods. Nicely done!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Wow, you've done a ton of work....very nice! With your engine/exhaust mods, how much of a difference is there with hp, mileage, etc.

Idk the exact numbers yet, im gunna guess around 370 to the wheels. i know it will out run a new camaro SS from a 30 roll i need to get a stall the because it doesnt come into power till about 2300 or so. once i get that ill hit the track and dyno and caller good im not to sure yet about town mpg but im getting about 22mpg on the highway ;0

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Btw thanks guys, its been a long journey. finally landed a steady job just dont make quite as much so mods are slow to come by. but everything on the truck minus the tune was done by me and my roomie. its a great truck and runs really well.

Legend

Blog Entries

Increased hp and still getting great mileage. Looks like you've found a winning combo. Great examples for others to learn from. Thanks for sharing!

no problem. everything ive done ive learned reading and researching we dont have much for performance shops around here so gotta learn some how

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

heres a quick cold start video, right after the cam. stock heads...
    http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/y...-57-52_201.mp4

Wow I love what you have done, that cam sounds BA, bet even better with the heads, WHat kinda money you looking at for the heads anyway?
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

well the heads i got are roughly like the prc 2.5 heads. mine flow alittle better down low and they flow alittle better up top. the prc's are like $1300 but a buddie of mines friend hooked it up heads and matched manifold for $750

Is that an escalade cluster?

ya its the escalade layout , but with white and blue lighting i love the trans temp gauge

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by