GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, I received them, installed them and they worked fine for a day but then the LED that's behind the projector assembly stopped being so bright. Lost about half it's intensity. So I sent them back a week ago and they shipped new ones which arrived yesterday and I won't be putting them in until I find out weather GM will de-rust my truck since there's rust on the body, frame, axles....basically all of it lmao

So to update on the reverse lights. I got the new ones and put them in and they lasted a week and then started messing up. So I think I am done with the Cree ones. One of LED's behind the projector lens stopped working altogether and the other one stopped putting out full light. The ones that are on the sides of the bulb worked just fine. I thought about going HID for reverse bulbs but I hear that since the HIDs would only be on for a short time, it would be bad for the ballasts. So I might look into finding a brighter incandescent bulb. I haven't really done much else to my truck since I am trying to save money just in case I move back to the east coast for a job. But I am thinking on picking up a dremel and eventually ordering a complete HID retro kit (projectors and all) from TRS. This is the ones I am looking at: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227
    And yes, I plan on buying a set of headlights too so I dont hack up the only set I got lol

Please keep us posted on your headlight mod. Would like to tackle that my self. Don't really like the headlights that supposedly have HID Projector lights, they look cheap to me.

Yeah those eBay projector ones don't work for HID lights and don't look that great IMO. I was thinking on buying a set of the factory looking ones that are already painted black. I saw some on the k2motor website that all I should have to do is bake the light for a few to loosen the glue then pull them apart and retrofit as needed (and VHT the reflectors some while I'm at it) then put them back together and call it a day lol

A little update: I went ahead and ordered my TRS retrofit kit. The kit contains Morimoto Mini H1 bi-xenon projectors, Gatling Gun 2.0 shrouds, Morimoto 35w ballasts running the bulbs at 5000k, angel eyes, wiring harness (which I think may be too short but wont know for sure until I mock it up in the truck). I also have the sealant stuff but I am not sure I will be using that or not, but got it just in case. I will be ordering a pair of headlights in the next few weeks. I think I am gonna order some off of CarID or something. I haven't decided if I will just get the factory look-a-likes or go with the black painted ones. But leaning towards sticking with the factory looking ones. I hear that the replicas don't have the perma-seal stuff on them (correct me if I am wrong) Anyways, here is a few pics.

First up is them outside of the shipping box

Second pic shows it all laid out (with the exception of the harness)

Third pic shows the backside of the shroud with the shroud centric rings installed (had a hard time getting one in but finally got it after like 30 min and sore fingers lol)

Fourth pic shows the mock up with the shrouds on the projectors.

I can't wait until I have all my stuff together to install. I gotta figure out how to get the angel eyes mounted into the back of the shroud so the light comes thru the holes. I am thinking that TRS sent me the wrong size because I think the angel eye rings are supposed to slide/mount onto the projector itself. I am going to email them and see what they say. Stay tuned....

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    A little update: I went ahead and ordered my TRS retrofit kit. The kit contains Morimoto Mini H1 bi-xenon projectors, Gatling Gun 2.0 shrouds, Morimoto 35w ballasts running the bulbs at 5000k, angel eyes, wiring harness (which I think may be too short but wont know for sure until I mock it up in the truck). I also have the sealant stuff but I am not sure I will be using that or not, but got it just in case. I will be ordering a pair of headlights in the next few weeks. I think I am gonna order some off of CarID or something. I haven't decided if I will just get the factory look-a-likes or go with the black painted ones. But leaning towards sticking with the factory looking ones. I hear that the replicas don't have the perma-seal stuff on them (correct me if I am wrong) Anyways, here is a few pics.

First up is them outside of the shipping box

Second pic shows it all laid out (with the exception of the harness)

Third pic shows the backside of the shroud with the shroud centric rings installed (had a hard time getting one in but finally got it after like 30 min and sore fingers lol)

Fourth pic shows the mock up with the shrouds on the projectors.

I can't wait until I have all my stuff together to install. I gotta figure out how to get the angel eyes mounted into the back of the shroud so the light comes thru the holes. I am thinking that TRS sent me the wrong size because I think the angel eye rings are supposed to slide/mount onto the projector itself. I am going to email them and see what they say. Stay tuned....

hopefully you dont beat me! im doing the same thing just have been distracted lately!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Don't worry man, I am sure you will beat me to it. I probably wont be able to afford the headlight housings for a few months. The past few days I have been in the Bishop Ca area for a week of off roading and hiking. Might as well throw in a pic. This one was processed by a professional photographer.

i got my housings off amazon real cheap! just look around.
    that is a pretty sweet picture you have there!

very nice......

This is a really well put together thread.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12