GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    You should get back into racing. I'm trying to get on a some circuit next year. I have a good friend who runs gt and gs series in grand am and he'll admit I'm a better racer than him so I'm hoping he can get me out in a car sometime this year. But don't let a bad wreck take you down, everybodys gunna wreck just gotta have the right equipment and it seems like you did. I have some pretty good battle wounds, most of them are from motorcycles though
    the main reason i had ended racing was b/c of that accident i was injured pretty bad and had already signed up the military so i had to step away to make sure i could still enlist and serve. Ill get back into the dirt racing whenever i decide to call my time in the military to an end. I miss racing very much, every chance i get to watch a race i go to it. doesnt matter if its dirt or asphalt, ill be there on a friday or saturday night. Our equipment was some of the best for dirt cars, all sponsered by jack sprague and port city racing out of my hometown.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    the main reason i had ended racing was b/c of that accident i was injured pretty bad and had already signed up the military so i had to step away to make sure i could still enlist and serve. Ill get back into the dirt racing whenever i decide to call my time in the military to an end. I miss racing very much, every chance i get to watch a race i go to it. doesnt matter if its dirt or asphalt, ill be there on a friday or saturday night. Our equipment was some of the best for dirt cars, all sponsered by jack sprague and port city racing out of my hometown.

I understand that my Bad wreck ended my football career. You ever make your way to Lavonia dirt track in Georgia. They say there the fastest dirt track in the us
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

It's great to hear everyone's reasons for getting into automotive. And I should have worded the thread title better. I meant for anyone who likes cars/trucks or racing or just the industry in general to respond. In some form or another, every member on this site could post a legitimate response in this discussion. One point to make is that the automotive industry opens doors for people. An individual can meet new people, learn about technology, repair, start a business, etc. The possibilities go on! Thanks for the replies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12