GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Remotes for truck stopped working...Remotes ok, batterys good....what controls them

I just realized that the remotes on my 06 silverado stopped working. The batteries are good. remotes are fine. What controls the remote unlock/lock bit on the truck. Most be a receiver and module for this.

Any help appreciated. I also wanted to mention that the remotes worked and then stopped and started again, not dont work at all.

Thanks

Don
    2006 Chevy Silverado crew cab 1500

Were you parked in the same place when this happened? My wife's torrent would have issues only in a certain parking lot. My truck worked fine, her car would not lock/unlock or remote start with the key fob. It worked fine everywhere else. There must have been some sort of interference from power lines in the area.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)