GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Labor Day Weekend Plans

Labor Day Weekend 2012!
    What's everyone got planned for Labor Day Weekend? We're heading up to some friend's for a full Saturday about two hours away from here, one of their kids has a birthday that day and we'll just hang out and grill and let the kids play while the grown-ups act like kids and just enjoy the time together.

On Monday I think we're going to hit the malls to look for some final back-to-school stuff that we need. I know I need a new shelving system in the garage and we're talking about some fall projects in the kids rooms for some new built-in shelves and bookcases now that they're getting older and getting more stuff. My oldest loves to read and goes through a couple of books per week so he's going to need some more space to store it all ... not to mention all of his baseball stuff too.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Working 12hrs of on call everyday but I will be trying to get some scuffs out of my tires from the kid. Saturday going 4 wheeling for a while, that is about all I have planed so far. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

A pig-pickin'. (What northerners and mid-westerners would call a hog roast.) It's lots of work but well worth it, as it pulls people together in way that has no equal. Food is, after all, a highly social thing ... and BBQ is always a very local thing.

(BBQ in the south, for you midwesterners, is de facto pork ... usually with a spicy vinegar based sauce ... not beef with red sauce like it is in Texas or Kansas.)
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 08-30-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Working Saturday, taking the family on the boat for a few hours Sunday, back to work on Monday.
    A new Paragon outlet mall opened a few miles from the house and is advertising a sale this weekend so I'm sure the wife will be able to keep herself busy while I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Working Saturday, taking the family on the boat for a few hours Sunday, back to work on Monday.
    A new Paragon outlet mall opened a few miles from the house and is advertising a sale this weekend so I'm sure the wife will be able to keep herself busy while I'm at work.
    What's a Paragon outlet mall? I know it's an outlet mall (duh!), but should I have derived something from the Paragon name/label?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    A pig-pickin'. (What northerners and mid-westerners would call a hog roast.) It's lots of work but well worth it, as it pulls people together in way that has no equal. Food is, after all, a highly social thing ... and BBQ is always a very local thing.

(BBQ in the south, for you midwesterners, is de facto pork ... usually with a spicy vinegar based sauce ... not beef with red sauce like it is in Texas or Kansas.)
    I agree with that, its an awesome get together! Got to love pork with spicy vinegar sauce that makes ya sweat

This weekend looks like I'll be washing the truck and probably calling insurance for another windshield due to a rock being thrown from a truck's tire and hitting it, so the chip is going to bug me if I don't get it fixed.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Probably hasnt spread out to NC yet but its a huge chain of outlet malls, they have outlet malls along the west coast and their building their way across the country headed to the east coast.
    Their MO is to pick a major city and build 3 outlet malls spread out around the area but along well traveled interstates.
    They load the mall with stores like Saks, Coach, etc. and advertise great bargains with factory direct product, overstocks, and blemishes but when you go to shop the prices are normally about the same as any other mall.
    I will say though last week my wife did find me a nice leather medium weight motorcycle riding jacket in Harley Davidsons late 60's style and colors for $70 at Wilsons leather.

@tbplus10, nice find on the jacket and thanks for the explanation. I don't think I'll be shopping at one of those if it appears; bait-and-switch ticks me off.

Work 6a to 6p both Saturday and Sunday. But might take the bike north and ride some trails monday

a lot of those kind of places have tool stores in them. I know that place, and if they are open I'm going to browse through there to look for some deals.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by