GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default HELLA LED tailights

    this is about a month and a half late, but i just remembered i hadnt uploaded these pictures yet..., heres my new hella tailights, replacing my old('03 tailights) after one was busted when a tow strap hit it during a little encounter i had getting stuck in water.

    before...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (3).jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	43282

    heres the difference...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (3).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	43284

    FYI ignore my tailgate LED strip, that got busted to from the towstrap breaking, ive already ripped it off

    Brakes...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	43283

    running lights...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	43286

    hella...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3 (2).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	43285

    '03 lights (same fitment for 2000 though)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4 (2).jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	43287


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	43288

    these things are crazy bright

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	43290

    and here was my putco led 3rd brake light... even though it functions perfectly, got a new HELLA one, so i replaced it and for obvious reasons, look at the cargo lamp, hardly any light output at all
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5 (2).JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	43289

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (2).jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	43281

    i didnt take pics of the new cargo lamps, (they are on my truck in the pictures with the brake lights on and the one with the running lights on) but they are led brakelights with incandescant cargo's if you can tell
    Last edited by reggiecab2000; 08-30-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

    Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

    Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)


    Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

    Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

  2. #2

    Default

    Nice choice - the Hella 3pc kit is a really nice kit from a solid manufacturer ... and a great bargain for the money. I tried to get one but there were fitment problems with the Sierra, so I had to go a different route. That's what I would have been sporting if it fit, though!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Nice choice - the Hella 3pc kit is a really nice kit from a solid manufacturer ... and a great bargain for the money. I tried to get one but there were fitment problems with the Sierra, so I had to go a different route. That's what I would have been sporting if it fit, though!
    indeed, I was never planning on going with the all out led assembled taillight, even though there's brands out there like spyder, spec-d, ipcw, etc., but when i saw hella i knew it had to be reputable, but it is sad how they discontinued the entire line of tailights :/
    they actually never made these for my truck (2000), only 03-07 and up. Good thing 99-07 all has the same fitment for tailights and 3rd brakelights, just a different style

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    indeed, I was never planning on going with the all out led assembled taillight, even though there's brands out there like spyder, spec-d, ipcw, etc., but when i saw hella i knew it had to be reputable, but it is sad how they discontinued the entire line of tailights :/
    they actually never made these for my truck (2000), only 03-07 and up. Good thing 99-07 all has the same fitment for tailights and 3rd brakelights, just a different style
    Yup. Sadly the silvy has 4 plugs for the tail lights while the Sierra only has 3 ... which is why I couldn't buy/use the Hellas.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Yup. Sadly the silvy has 4 plugs for the tail lights while the Sierra only has 3 ... which is why I couldn't buy/use the Hellas.
    99-02 silverados only have 3 plugs, 03-07 have 4, and to let you know the hella tailights only have 3 plugs

  6. #6
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,353

    Default

    look nice....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

  7. #7

    Default

    Those look good. Where did you order them from?
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

  8. #8

    Default

    thanks!
    try Tirerack.com, if they still have them,
    I know autoanything.com still comes up when you do a google search, but the link is invalid because they stopped carrying them too. just gotta look around thats all

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    99-02 silverados only have 3 plugs, 03-07 have 4, and to let you know the hella tailights only have 3 plugs
    Yup, I likely could have ordered 99-02 tails for my 04 sierra. I eventually sussed that out on my own and the tails I have now are, indeed, for 99-02 silvies. I got super fed up with spyder and others assuming 1:1 correspondence of parts between silvy/Sierra years ... when there isn't for some.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Yup, I likely could have ordered 99-02 tails for my 04 sierra. I eventually sussed that out on my own and the tails I have now are, indeed, for 99-02 silvies. I got super fed up with spyder and others assuming 1:1 correspondence of parts between silvy/Sierra years ... when there isn't for some.
    just an FYI... my lights will fit your truck!!! if thats what you were wanting, unless you convinced yourself otherwise, you can still get them

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Hella Black Magics?
    By DrakeC504 in forum Lighting Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last: 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM
  2. New HELLA LED lights ~ pretty wicked bright
    By ChevyFan in forum Lighting Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last: 01-12-2012, 05:20 PM
  3. New HELLA LED lights ~ pretty wicked bright
    By ChevyFan in forum Photo & Video Gallery
    Replies: 0
    Last: 01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last: 06-06-2011, 11:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •