GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 04 sierra 1500, lifted 6" and now the CV joint pops out every time i turn in 4x4? WHY

anyone with a 99-04 sierra Z71 or silverado 1500 that has installed a 6" lift (non torsion drop style) that is having problems with the driver side CV joint staying in the socket???

its fine when i drive straight or make small turns but when i try and make big turns left or right the CV joint pops out of the socket every time. 2 wheel drive its fine turning anywhere at any angle.

the dealer (rough country) said its my torsion bars, at first they were all the way up, now they are all the way down and its still doing it and my bump stops are resting on the A arm....

what can i do to fix this or is anyone out there have the same problem ??

You may need performance CV joints that can handle the higher angle

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

im looking into that now but dont know the cost or where to look. or if i may just need a longer cv axel.

I'm not sure on cost either cuz my truck is stock but try some of the sites vendors and check amazon. Btw

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Some kits come with a spacer to "lengthen" the axle shafts.http://www.superlift.com/accessories...ts-spacers.asp
    This was on I found when I googled it. I have no experience with it either. I just know it is an option. I beleive skylacker also sells them as part of some thier kits.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18