GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Pikey,

I am the last person you would want to give ideas like that too.... I can make that happen on my truck.........
    Do it! Come on! it would be awesome. If I stilled worked in southwest Detroit I would consider it. Just the fact that people get car jacked all the time would make me consider it.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Do it! Come on! it would be awesome. If I stilled worked in southwest Detroit I would consider it. Just the fact that people get car jacked all the time would make me consider it.
    I was just thinking that..... I grew up in East Lansing and made allot of trips to Detroit when it was a better place, however some stray bullet did hit above the rear wheel on my dad's diesel chevy passenger van on i96 or i69 in detroit. If I worked in Detroit now, this would be a more serious consideration in installing that flame thrower.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I did see that some of the armor upfitters do offer the tear gas system like Limo One has................. it would be nice to have a tear gas system built into the truck.

Back to the black door handles, not that these sweet "deterrent systems" wouldn't be cool, I've got factory black door handles on my white truck and they look pretty clean.
    2012 Silverado LT crew cab Z-71: 6" Pro Comp lift w/ trailing arms / 18" Pro Comp black rims with 35x12.50 Pro Comp X-Terrain's / Black "Z71 4x4" Bed Decals / Flowmaster's "Super 40" series Single in - Dual out the rear

Master Mechanic

You could by a set of the black factory door handles off of ebay that you can paint to match. You can also try calling your local dealer and asking them how much painted ones would be.

I've got a set of OEM front door handles for sale but you've got a crew cab.

I took the painted ones off of my sierra. A lot of people take them off to put chrome ones on so check out craigslist too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12