GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Jet MAF

Default Jet MAF

I just bought a k&n intake and a flow master exhaust. Would I'm benefit from a Jet MAF? I have a 2009 with the flex fuel afm 5.3. Curious if anyone has one and noticed any difference.

I'm sorry to say JET makes some real garbage, I'd find your self a tuner/programmer you can afford. It really is the only way to make your investment in performance parts do what your looking for. Over the years my friends and I have been extremely disappointed in JET's plug and play products. HP gains were almost non existent and a close friend burned up his injectors from a JET OBD II plug in module because it ran the motor to lean. JET told him it was his fault but then sent him his money back when he faxed them a copy of their instructions with the section "No other modifications necessary" highlighted. Still didn't do him much good off setting the cost in repair parts. I too am looking into a programmer right now as I would like to disable AFM at the least, while getting a few more pony's without sliding in a new cam for my 5.3 L. I have been reading the forums of some of the companies that make them, I got to say I'm still not locked in to any of them yet as it seems like many have a software or update problem. Voiding my warranty by having to bring my truck in to be re-flashed is not something I want to pay $400 bucks for. I had some good results from Superchip when I owned a Toyota, now that I'm back in a GM I'm starting all over again. The more I read reviews and customer complaints the more cautious I become about being what sometimes seem to be a beta tester with some programmers. That said, the mods you have done really do come alive with a good tune.
    Last edited by Kapelusprime; 09-01-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

Black Bear Performance tune is what I've decided on. Paired with the AutoCal flashing to factory settings only takes a couple of minutes. Diablo makes good tuners as well . Many people on here have them and look to Lew for a custome tune. 06MonteSS is his screen name if you want to chat with him some.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I am sure there are many really good tuners for gassers like us out there, but I went with the Intune by DiabloSport and have overall been happy with it. Diesels have allot more options than we do.

I have the older predator by Diablosport and have a custom tune by Diablew (06monteSS is his screen name, here).