GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default underseat storage

2000 silverado LS extended cab

My son bought me a GM underseat storage box for my extended cab, but I don't have the floor mounts in mine for it. My question is for anyone who owns one and that is how are the 4 mounting bolts installed? They appear to possibly come up thru the floor pan, but I don't want to pull everything apart to find out that there are special mounting bolts for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Well no thanks to anyone here, but I went back to the guy he got the storage box from and found out that the box mounts to a couple of plates that had to be removed by taking out the back seat and removing the plates that it mounts to. I am glad I didn't drill holes in my floor pan sheeeeewwwww!
    Had someone seen your post and had an answer, I am sure they would have helped you out. No need to be brash about it. Thank you for providing the answer, however, so that others who buy the storage box and have the same question can find the answer to it.

Welcome to the group.
    Last edited by moogvo; 09-05-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Well no thanks to anyone here, QUOTE]

Had someone seen your post and had an answer, I am sure they would have helped you out. No need to be brash about it. Thank you for providing the answer, however, so that others who buy the storage box and have the same question can find the answer to it.

Welcome to the group.
    You were kinder than I would have been to someone with that kind of attitude...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 09-04-2012 at 11:13 PM.

You do realize that not everyone viewing is a member and therefore can't respond, right? Additionally, not everyone has a 99-06 body style. Of those that do, not everyone has an extended cab. Of those remaining, not everyone has underseat storage. While I understand the desire to view the internet as a magic genie portal where faceless text provides answers to any question within what you deem is a timely fashion, sadly that is just not the case.

Finally, the view count constitues those who saw "underseat storage". Therefore perhaps some of those views were people curious of the same thing or just browsing randomly. I have a 2009 crew cab so your query doesn't apply. However, I clicked the link because I've toyed with the idea of getting underseat storage and like reading anything useful people have to say about them. This thread had that potential, but you impressively and quickly eliminated that potential.

I'm glad you were able to find the answer to your issue without undue work. Hopefully next time you have a question, whether it be on this board or another, you'll grant the members of the forum a bit more latitude. Believe it or not we're not here as your own personal encyclopedia. We're here as a community sharing the information we have at our disposal.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

A real man would just apologize.

Another great example of why we should give our threads more detailed titles.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I just keep my jumper cables, tow strap, hitch, ratchet straps, etc. etc. in a gym bag under the seat. Mounting was very easy!
    I continue to lie to myself because I'm the only one who still believes me. - Vermin

I got one of those Husky Liner under seat storage box and it works great. Amazon had it for $105 shipped. It fits perfectly under the rear seat.

Blog Entries

same as 84th.......bag of tools/jumper cables under the 60 part of the Seat!!!
    Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

I'm glad I got my Husky Gearbox when I did. It is now $150.95 instead of the $105.66 I paid back in early November.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016OMRBO/

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors