GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What do you think the best lift/leveling for 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Classic?

2007 black Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Classic- what do you think the best lift/leveling along with rim/tire combo for my truck?

Alex

2" Rough Country leveling kit on 17" Liquid Metal Rhinos with 285/70R17 ATs.

Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

lift it.....................
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

^ What he said could always start with a leveling kit and she how you like it and if you want higher go with a lift.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

both have their good and bad... A leveling kit does the job but changes the geometry quite abit and sometimes requires shock mount and/or bump stop removal or modification. A lift would maintain factory geometry better but requires lowering of the transfer case and cutting of the frame.... and some kits require modifications to the cooling fins on the transfer case. As you can tell I have been looking into this for quite some time... right now I am currently leaning toward an Upper Control Arm upgrade and shock combination. This will give me additional travel, a nicer ride along with the same end result as installing a leveling kit. Supposedly all are pretty much bolt in replacements. Now all I have to do is save the $$$$... looks like a next summer project..
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

If you do decide to go with a leveling kit make sure the torsion keys are forged and not cast. They keys are under a tremendous amout of force, and a cast key can fail under those forces. The forged keys are a little more expensive, but are worth the peace of mind.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.