GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Best speakers for a 1999 suburban

Just bought a kenwood excelon stereo for the Burban and was wondering what the best speakers are? I have the six speakers in mine, two on the front doors 2 on the rear doors and two on the back ceiling. I want to get the best speakers possible for under 600
    MONTANA CADILLAC

Proper noun. Used to describe ones large, lifted, comfortable, gas guzzling SUV that is driven primarily in the backwoods. Synonym for Chevy Suburban/ GMC Yukon XL.
    One corporate Suburbanite says to the other, while sipping his overpriced latte, "Check out the hick in that Montana Cadillac!" Both giggle as they wait for AAA to come pull their Audi/ BMW/ Mercedes out of a snow filled ditch

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well first off with that radio it has a built in Crossover. So you can cut off the Bass at a level that would not cause distortion in the factory speakers and inturn you can turn up the volume and have a cleaner sound. BUT if you do want new speakers and not going to add an amp I would say run over to Sound Waves on Rt46 ask for Joe and to get some JL Audio TR650CSI's for the front door and 650's for the back IF they will fit if to deep try the TR525's. They both will give you an even sound with some nice midbass without an amp... As for the rear roof 4x10's disconnect them not worth replacing.. If you need a hand PM me we are close enough.....

Glenn
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Alright thanks man sounds good!
    MONTANA CADILLAC

Proper noun. Used to describe ones large, lifted, comfortable, gas guzzling SUV that is driven primarily in the backwoods. Synonym for Chevy Suburban/ GMC Yukon XL.
    One corporate Suburbanite says to the other, while sipping his overpriced latte, "Check out the hick in that Montana Cadillac!" Both giggle as they wait for AAA to come pull their Audi/ BMW/ Mercedes out of a snow filled ditch

Legend

Here is the place Hope you know that area They are very well known..http://sound-waves.com/project-galleries
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

You don't need to skip the rear speakers. Get a nibbler and cut the holes to fit a quality 6x9 up there. It really adds a nice rear fill. I skipped the rear doors in mine and was very happy. (I always have the rear seats folded down and the third seat out)

Legend

With the amount of power the radio puts out I would not do that. (22watts RMS) All you will have is a Big Tweeter Most good 6x9's want 40 watts and up to give you any good midbass..In such a long truck you will be better off doing the 4 doors. A good coax for the rear and Comp's for the front..IF you are going to amp then we could do better...