GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    Well, I think that at the end of the day, he is going to have to pretty much wait until he gets back if he wants to take care of it on his own. That is the down side of serving overseas... you are pretty much at the mercy of whatever shop it winds up in if it comes to that. It could be worse, you could have a skype session with your wife where she tells you that she bought a socket set at Wal Mart and has started rebuilding the engine when you notice that she has grease on her nose. LOL!
    I wouldn't consider it a bad thing to have a wife capable of doing engine work. Havign one adventurous enough to try it would be a boon, too!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I wouldn't consider it a bad thing to have a wife capable of doing engine work. Havign one adventurous enough to try it would be a boon, too!
    Oh... I learned really quick that if my wife asks me to do something and I don't get it done fast enough, she will take it on herself whether or not she has any idea what she is doing! Nothing like waking up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning to the sound of a Skil saw running in the next room...
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Funny!

"Sluggish Acceleration Mostly"

That's what I got out of her. And you're right about being overseas. If it were in Phoenix, I'd just have my best friend do it. If it were in California, I'd have my dad do it. If it were around NC, I'd bribe Surreal to do it. Having lived in WA for only a few years I've not yet developed the trusting relationship with a local mechanic. Fortunately, my dealership does quality work. Unfortunately, it's still a dealership and charges dealership prices. Fun times.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    "Sluggish Acceleration Mostly"
    If it were around NC, I'd bribe Surreal to do it.
    You could also bribe Moog to do it! ;)
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

My truck is at 144,000 miles and I am still using the original Dex-Cool that came in it. I'll stick with Dex-Cool as I have heard the horror stories of people completely switching or mixing and having engine failures. At 150,000 miles, I will absolutely be doing a complete flush and refill.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

whatever coolant u use make sure there the same color
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123