GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Question Overhead Visor Shelf?

Having a hard time finding these.

I know that Pace Edwards is no longer making these, but does someone know where I can get either a set similar to these, or the one long continuous one that goes from driver to passenger side and fits just UNDER the upper center console?

Obviously has to fit the AValanche...

I could really use it.

Thanks ahead of time for any input!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overhead Visor Shelf.jpg  
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

"It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thanks moogvo,

That seems to be the only one that may possibly work.

I would prefer the separate ones, but it looks as though no one sells them anymore.

I may pull the trigger and see how it works out.
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

I saw the ones you were talking about but I couldn't find anyone selling it.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I don't know if the single unit works if you have an overhead console installed.

VDP's catalog page for their truck-specific Shelf-It units (http://www.vdpusa.com/cat17.html) says: 'Not for use with Factory Overhead Console in 1994-2010 Dodge Ram and 1996-2006 Chevy Silverado and Silverado HD' for model SH111, which is supposedly for 00-06 Silverado/Sierra, Reg & Ext. Cab, 07 Classic, and 07-10 Silverado/Sierra Reg cab. Presumably that's the same model number for an Avalanche. (99 Silverado/Sierra, Reg & Ext Cab appears to use model SH119, which is not for use with double sun visor models.)

If you have an overhead console you might inquire with VDP, directly, if the model number you think is supposed to work ... will work with your Avalanche.

I had been thinking about that, but also figured that if I installed it with a couple spacers (washers) and screws that are a little bit longer, I may be able to lower it just enough to get it to pass beneath the console.