GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Ever so slowly I'm learning to speak German. K's family is German she's 1st generation American in her family so thats why I'm doing that. Not because I have to. In school they FORCED us to speak spanish but I wasn't having any of it.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I used to speak fluent Mandarin Chinese. I lived in Taiwan for two years when I was on a church mission. Its been a long time since I had to speak it so I have lost a lot. I just purchased the Rosetta stone a few months ago and I would say it is very good, even for beginers. I wish there were more Chinese people here where I live so I could practice. The funny thing is, is I dream in Chinese all the time. Also there is ways to express yourself it Chinese that you cant in English so sometimes its hard to get the feeling out in English.
    2002 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
    2003 Chevy Silverado 4x4

There are roughly 3 sentences I know in German and maybe 2 or 3 polite words

Hallo - Hello
    Danke - Thank You
    Vitta - Welcome
    Grun - Green
    Sex - Six
    Seiben - Seven

Hallo, ich heisse Riley
    Hallo, viget sen cien - spelling is way off

Ok I'm getting a headache lol

I know 3 different languages other then english, not very fluent in them but i kno enough to findout there name, age, where they are from and a few other things. Those languages are Arabic, Dari and Pashtu. Learned them while being deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

I had to take spanish in high school. It did not go well. That being said, I know enough to get by. I have vacationed in Puerto rico, Cancun and Costa Rica. As long as the locals speak slow enough I can figure out what they are saying and somehow get my point accross. When I was younger and training daily in tae kwon do I somehow learned Korean and could speak it very well at the time. Now, I can only count to 20 in Korean.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by mljjones67 View Post
    I used to speak fluent Mandarin Chinese. I lived in Taiwan for two years when I was on a church mission. Its been a long time since I had to speak it so I have lost a lot. I just purchased the Rosetta stone a few months ago and I would say it is very good, even for beginers. I wish there were more Chinese people here where I live so I could practice. The funny thing is, is I dream in Chinese all the time. Also there is ways to express yourself it Chinese that you cant in English so sometimes its hard to get the feeling out in English.
    I completely understand that. I'm just glad I live in a region where Portuguese is very popular because of the expressions, and some jokes and sayings are just so much better in Portuguese. There's no shortage of Portugee's here...
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I had to take spanish in high school. It did not go well. That being said, I know enough to get by. I have vacationed in Puerto rico, Cancun and Costa Rica. As long as the locals speak slow enough I can figure out what they are saying and somehow get my point accross. When I was younger and training daily in tae kwon do I somehow learned Korean and could speak it very well at the time. Now, I can only count to 20 in Korean.
    Costa rica is the best place on earth especially the pacific side, my parents got a place in herradura
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Costa rica is the best place on earth especially the pacific side, my parents got a place in herradura
    We spent 11 days in guanacaste. It was the most comfortable and safe I have ever felt being out of the country. We have friends whos parents build a 7 million dollar home there. We hopped in the car and went to a local rodeo where anyone could just decide to jump on a bull and ride. I man realized that we were not from there. (Given the 2 blond adults we were with are over 6 feet tall) He came over, started talking to us in english, helped us order beer, and even helped us work out the currency exchange. Some of the nicest people I ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    We spent 11 days in guanacaste. It was the most comfortable and safe I have ever felt being out of the country. We have friends whos parents build a 7 million dollar home there. We hopped in the car and went to a local rodeo where anyone could just decide to jump on a bull and ride. I man realized that we were not from there. (Given the 2 blond adults we were with are over 6 feet tall) He came over, started talking to us in english, helped us order beer, and even helped us work out the currency exchange. Some of the nicest people I ever met.

It's awesome how a lot of the people speak English there. My parents build there house there a 6 or 7 years ago, they live down there from Christmas till it starts getting warm in Georgia . We got a 82 foot Viking down there that we charter, January is the best time to get some huge marlin, that's about all we do when we are there

English, Spanglish and Redneck. Not sure I am fluent in any
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member