GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    ive seen some high water here in VB i wouldnt want to drive thru in my truck, much less in a car. no accounting for the capacity of human stupidity sometimes.

Alex
    Thats where i made a killing pulling cars out last summer and the summer before. Most of the Virginia drivers are just dumb, not all but most tho

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

I would not say people are dump, well yes, but there has to be a weight to flow formula to see how much flow a vehicle can handle. a 1/2 ton silverado I about 6000 pounds should be able to go through 2-4 inches of standing water that is moving @ 5mph with with out getting swept away.....

An 11,000 pound hummer with a snorkel for the intake and exahust should be able to go through 2ft of water with a low rate of 3ft per second. etc...

a 30 ton tank could go through a 5 ft deep river with water flowing 100ft per second and not get swept away...

what happens is water makes cars float and they loose traction cause they are too light (better fuel econ right? eh what ever)

200 Ton, 1000 ft ocean freighters can force their boat to what ever direction they want in the strong currents of the ocean where they have no traction at all and not get swept away......

Sorry, nak, but when you can barely see the top of a tractor trailer's trailer up ahead under a bridge (due to the rest of it being covered in water) ... and cars are driving into the shallow end of that water, anyway ... it's a clear sign that people are dumb!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12