GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default idle problems with 1991 c1500

having problems with my 1991 c1500. it has a 350 in it. problems is it seems to skips/stutters when idling. when the truck starts to warm up when it happens the most. no problems as long as it is moving. problems started when i did some work on it.
    this is what i did: changed spark plugs, wires, distr. cap, rotor, t.p.s., i.a.v., and new exhaust minus the cat.
    i didn't put new cat. because the truck doesn't have go thru emission test here anymore. 95 and up are tested.
    i think this might be by problem, plus the gas cap will not go on all the way. filler tube is rusty.
    any clues anyone? is it possible to by-past the ecm for no cat.?

I wonder if you need to adjust the tps to the correct position. Crossed wire? Did one of the plug gaps get closed accidently when installing them? Could have a lump of dirt on one of the plug electrodes that was accidently put there during install. Could have a partly stuck\clogged egr valve. Do a search of the forum and I am sure that you will find a how to on how to clean the egr. I would start by pulling the plugs back out and checking the gap

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)