GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Du-Ha Storage Cases ?

Anyone have/use one and is it worth the extra $$ over the other brands of under rear seat storage boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by 62930-03 View Post
    Anyone have/use one and is it worth the extra $$ over the other brands of under rear seat storage boxes?
    The DU-HA under Rear Seat Storage Unit, is the only One I looked at to install in my Truck, and For me, it Was and Has been Worth the $$$ I payed for it.....the Fit-n-Finish on it.....is Excellent!!

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I've contacted them a couple times trying to talk them into offering one of the storage boxes that will hold a bow (archery) under the rear seat of a crew cab.
    They have them to hold two long guns and most bows now days are parallel limb so I dont think it would take much effort but so far I haven't gotten anyplace.

It's not going to happen.

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately the demand isn't high enough to change the gun inserts but we might suggest that the inserts are plastic, so they could be recut by yourself to handle your bow. Don't know if that helps but worth a thought.

I, too, have a Du-Ha under-seat storage bin and I also purchased the optional lock for which I drilled the rear seat hinge. I really, really like having lockable underseat storage in the truck. There are pics in my albums...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I, too, have a Du-Ha under-seat storage bin and I also purchased the optional lock for which I drilled the rear seat hinge. I really, really like having lockable underseat storage in the truck. There are pics in my albums...
    Did the Du Ha gun inserts come with the foam looking material on them, the area the gun comes into contact with the inserts ?
    If not where did you find it ?

Du Ha says the lock is for 2007 and older so it wont work with my truck, wish it would.
    Last edited by 62930-03; 09-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Just got off the phone ordering one for my CC.

Don't know if your a bow hunter or not Surreal One but I have a buddy going to try and do some minor altering to the dividers so it will hold my Hoyt Carbon Element.
    If it turns out I'll post a few pictures once complete.

Did the Du Ha gun inserts come with the foam looking material on them, the area the gun comes into contact with the inserts ?
    If not where did you find it ?
    Also found out via Du Ha that the foam is on the gun support area and doesn't come off.
    Anyone know of what I could use for the same purpose but on a different divider ?
    Maybe pipe insulation or felt tape like they use on the barrel supports of a gun cabinet ?

Don't know if your a bow hunter or not Surreal One but I have a buddy going to try and do some minor altering to the dividers so it will hold my Hoyt Carbon Element.
    If it turns out I'll post a few pictures once complete.

Also found out via Du Ha that the foam is on the gun support area and doesn't come off.
    Anyone know of what I could use for the same purpose but on a different divider ?
    Maybe pipe insulation or felt tape like they use on the barrel supports of a gun cabinet ?
    I apologize for the slow response; I was traveling and just got a chance to read this.
    1. As you noted, the foam inserts for firearm support does come with the kit.
    2. On my kit, the firearm supports were each three pieces ... consisting of two plastic pieces and a foam piece. To use them, one sandwiches the foam piece between the two plastic pieces and then inserts the finished 'sandwich' into the appropriate place in the storage bin.
    3. I did some custom work on one such 'sandwich' to allow me to place non-standard firearm (a bullpup with a thin/tall, vented barrel shroud) into one of the firearm spots in the storage bin. I used a dremmel on the plastic pieces and the foam to do my trimming.

I apologize for the slow response; I was traveling and just got a chance to read this.
    As you noted, the foam inserts for firearm support does come with the kit.
    On my kit, the firearm supports were each three pieces ... consisting of two plastic pieces and a foam piece. To use them, one sandwiches the foam piece between the two plastic pieces and then inserts the finished 'sandwich' into the appropriate place in the storage bin.
    I did some custom work on one such 'sandwich' to allow me to place non-standard firearm (a bullpup with a thin/tall, vented barrel shroud) into one of the firearm spots in the storage bin. I used a dremmel on the plastic pieces and the foam to do my trimming.

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#ixzz25zYvygTf

So your a traveling man (avatar) ?

If I am understanding you correctly then I should be able to use the foam from Du Ha snadwiched in my custom made plastic pieces to hold my bow in place ?

So your a traveling man (avatar) ?
    I am.

If I am understanding you correctly then I should be able to use the foam from Du Ha snadwiched in my custom made plastic pieces to hold my bow in place ?
    I'm not sure. If the kits haven't changed then you should certainly be able to modify those pieces just as I did. As for holding a bow, I am unsure if one would fit, as I'm not a bow hunter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast