GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2006 saab 9-7x oil consumption

I'vI been reading a fair amount and I'm almost certain I have the cause of my oil consumption identified. I believe like most people that it is my PVC system causing the issue. The line from the intake manifold to the driver side valve cover Is free of oil but the other side of the system the line going from the passenger valve cover to the intake tube between the maf and the throttlebody is dripping with engine oil.

Am I on the right track here? If I am I understand that the permanent fix is to replace the drivers side valve cover. If I pull and clean up the drivers side valve cover, will that fix the issue temporarily?

Thanks,
    Barry

Dripping wet on the inside or on the outside? I had a Caprice that was blowing oil up into the air cleaner through the PCV line, but it had a dead cylinder and there was oil blow by that ended up in the air cleaner.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

UOTE=moogvo;507385]Dripping wet on the inside or on the outside? I had a Caprice that was blowing oil up into the air cleaner through the PCV line, but it had a dead cylinder and there was oil blow by that ended up in the air cleaner.[/QUOTE]

Inside of the line but this is a common problem with the 5.3s with the fixed orifice pcv system. There is a tsb about it. I'm am 100% sure that I am not having any blow by. I was just wondering if I could clean the faulty valve cover for a temp fix. Thanks for the suggestion though.