GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry Effective Bug removal on Hood

Hello Guys and gals, I had my truck painted in December and now it is spring and I am getting bugs all over the front of my truck every time I leave the house. I failed to wax the hood good before spring and now I have several bugs splattered on my hood that won't come off. The guy that painted my truck said to bring it by and he would take them off with the buffer but I would like to do it myself if anyone can tell me how. I have waxed it now so the bugs don't stick but I still have those that wont come off on there. If you have experience with this I would greatly appreciate your help.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

There are a few brands of bug remover in the auto parts store. Just make sure it is safe for your paint!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

http://www.pinkwax.net/

I've been using this for awhile now. Its good stuff. Just dab it on the bug guts and wait about 10-15 mins and wipe off. It even takes pinesap off.

Do you buy it from their site or is it sold in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Do you buy it from their site or is it sold in stores?
    I buy it from a friend that is a carshow vender of it. I've never seen it in stores around here, but that not saying much for the hole in the wall I live in.
    It is worth it , It not only remove the crap from the paint ,but the carnauba in it gives a great shine.

Try dryer sheets, its worked for me in the past
    Justin Winstead
    -Air Raid Cold Air Intake -Power Aid Throttle Body Spacer -Flow Master Dual Exhaust
    -20 S.E.R.E. BMF Wheels -3 in BMF Leveling Kit -Nitto Terra Grappler Tires

I used WD-40 the other day and it works pretty well. Worked really well for asphalt / tar that had splattered up and stuck on.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

i was about to write a post about this very issue, i found this bottle from Turtle wax bug and tar remover... it work great , i had a big splatter of tar mix with some stick stuff and i sprayed some of this and 5 min later it wiped right off, super great and no elbow grease needed

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
    22" Boss 313 Series
    8,000K HID Lights
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Drop Kit
    Tinted Windows
    Blacked Out Third Brake Light

Mond's To DO:
    Darker Tint Rear Windows
    Paint Bowtie White
    Or
    Get a Chrome Bowtie

OLD TRUCK RIP
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext
    Exhaust w/Chrome Tip
    2 In. Rear Shackle Drop
    Window Tint
    HID Light Kit-8000K
    22" Boss 313 Series
    Painted Front Grille & Bowtie

before all else i would try a rough sponge and water with soap. if you rub hard enough then most of the surface stuff should come off. Then try a nice carnauba wax over it. I am leery of using anything rough as it may dull the paint, no need to scuff up that shiny new paint job.
    Silver 2012 Chevy Silveradeaux 4x4 "All-Star" edition
    -2 inch daystar leveling kit, and took the ugly 4x4 stickers off, window tint (to match rear), GM factory bedliner, sylvania silverstar ultra low beams. -To come: Topper (A.R.E. z series, or Bestop), Eagle alloy 050 wheels with toyo open country m/t tires (33"), maglite and bracket, possibly removing side badges, old school black z71 stickers.

Jr. Apprentice
    Just South of beautiful Charlotte North Carolina

Hello, donyms. WD-40 is all you need to get the job done and it will not harm anything. It also works great when combined with steel wool to restore a brushed metal tailpipe to new condition. I will also echo UpsetProps statement on post #7 of this thread.

Tom