GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2007 Silverado tail light

I have a 2007 Silverado Clasic and the right (passenger side) tail light doesn't work. Blinker, brake light and all work fine. Tried 2 new bulbs and the tail light filiment does not light up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by cooner View Post
    I have a 2007 Silverado Clasic and the right (passenger side) tail light doesn't work. Blinker, brake light and all work fine. Tried 2 new bulbs and the tail light filiment does not light up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
    Have you checked your fuses? And checked to make sure the wiring harness is all plugged up and tight? It is right above the spare under the bed

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Checked the wiring harness but not the fuses...which one would be for the right tail light?

Quote Originally Posted by cooner View Post
    Checked the wiring harness but not the fuses...which one would be for the right tail light?
    The Fuses for the Taillights are Located in the Fuse Box, in the Engine Bay, and on the Back-side of the Fuse Box Cover, is a Diagram of All the Fuses.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

On the back side of the cover none are marked 'rt tl' or anything that resembles right tail light. Looked in the owners manual and it didn't show one.

I know that 07 was a model change. But, my 2002 had the same issue. It turned out to be where the rear harness connects to the harness from the front. Mine was located on the frame cross member just obove the spare tire. I pulled the connector apart and sprayed some contact cleaner on both sides. Then I smeared some grease on it and reassembled it. I had to use a Zip tie to hold it together because the clip was weak.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)