GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default replacement speakers

I have a 04 z71 and both of my door speakers r blown, what is the size speaker replacements can i use... i ask i have no idea about this stuff
    2004 Chevy Silverado z71, second owner

1994 Pontiac Trans Am GT, yellow, Hard top (yup its a GT):glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    I have a 04 z71 and both of my door speakers r blown, what is the size speaker replacements can i use... i ask i have no idea about this stuff
    The Front Door Speaker Size for your 04".....is 6-1/2in".......Crutch-fields is 1 Outlet that can help when looking for the Correct Size and/or New Speakers for your Truck,

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...rs.html?tp=105
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-09-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thanks man! i would be willing to slightly modify if needed just didnt know what options are i will look them up! ty!

They're actually 6-3/4" stock. But most any 6-1/2 will fit as well.

hey
    i have a 2001 sle jimmy 4door. im finding several different answers for the size of the front door speakers... crutch field comes up with 5.25in , 6.5in and 6.75in. amazon.com comes up with 6.5in. i dont what whos right.
    some places say all the doors have the same sized speakers and some say fronts are bigger.

also, im looking for replacement front speakers.. the bass is shot, and i need somthing that sounds good for heavy metal... i was looking at pioneer and sony explode. any suggestions under 60 a pair would b appreciated
    -=- My cars -=-
    1985 Chevy Monte Carlo SS sbc 305 , 200-4r
    2001 GMC Jimmy SLE with rebuilt 4.3l vortec v6 (about 70k on rebuld) <- Daily Driver<

Quote Originally Posted by 01JIMMY86 View Post
    hey
    i have a 2001 sle jimmy 4door. im finding several different answers for the size of the front door speakers... crutch field comes up with 5.25in , 6.5in and 6.75in. amazon.com comes up with 6.5in. i dont what whos right.
    some places say all the doors have the same sized speakers and some say fronts are bigger.

also, im looking for replacement front speakers.. the bass is shot, and i need somthing that sounds good for heavy metal... i was looking at pioneer and sony explode. any suggestions under 60 a pair would b appreciated
    Crutchfield will sell you 5.25, 6.5, and 6.75 for doors that have 6.75 speakers (and some that have 6.5 where 6.75 will fit). This is because they also give you adapters for them to fit the doors. So for the 5.25, you'll actually end up mounting the speakers to the doors with a plastic adapter.

As for recommendations, I like Polk Audio's speakers for a reasonably priced, good quality speaker , and these db651 speakers, should fit great.

Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    Crutchfield will sell you 5.25, 6.5, and 6.75 for doors that have 6.75 speakers (and some that have 6.5 where 6.75 will fit). This is because they also give you adapters for them to fit the doors. So for the 5.25, you'll actually end up mounting the speakers to the doors with a plastic adapter.

As for recommendations, I like Polk Audio's speakers for a reasonably priced, good quality speaker , and these db651 speakers, should fit great.

thanks for the quick response.
    i do have polk audio 6x9s in the back of my monte. theyve always been under powered(no amp) but did sound great(id always fade more power to theback). and those speakers you linked me are in my price range, thanks alot of the tip.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-10-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Removed Direct Link to another automotive community

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

For that price Not much.. Are you going to be turning up the Volume all the time? My guess is YES!!! Well First off stay far away from Pioneer and Sony unless you like Ear bleeds....If you are not amping them and only useing your factory radio I would go for a pair of the Alpine Type S,Focal Acces or for a better Midbass JL Audio TR's. All priced between $80-$129.00 per pair And 6 1/2 will be what you want...

If you are going to be listining to Heavy metal I would watch how loud you go All your going to get is Distortion at higher volumes with out the right power going to those speakers...Your factory radio will only give about 13-18 watts RMS and most speakers want atleast 30-40 RMS to start
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    For that price Not much.. Are you going to be turning up the Volume all the time? My guess is YES!!! Well First off stay far away from Pioneer and Sony unless you like Ear bleeds....If you are not amping them and only useing your factory radio I would go for a pair of the Alpine Type S,Focal Acces or for a better Midbass JL Audio TR's. All priced between $80-$129.00 per pair And 6 1/2 will be what you want...

If you are going to be listining to Heavy metal I would watch how loud you go All your going to get is Distortion at higher volumes with out the right power going to those speakers...Your factory radio will only give about 13-18 watts RMS and most speakers want atleast 30-40 RMS to start
    i do have a stock cd player. and i know that needs an upgrade soon.
    im currently tuning the bass down so it doesnt sound like crap. im going to upgrade the bad speakers now so i can atleast get better sound. and the head unit will be next.
    i do crank the volume on occasion. but id never push it too much.. im pretty sure i know what cd blew those speakers. haha.
    trying to get rain guards this week too...