GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default What are decent Rain Guards?

hey
    im new to the forums.
    ive owned my 2001 sle jimmy 4 door for about 1 year.. ive always been bothered with rain getting on my window switches when it rains. and its finally time to get rain guards. has anyone bought these ones??

amazon.com had some for 50$. and it looks like ebay motors has the same ones for about 20$ less. im just wondering if anyone has these rain guards and how well they held up through out the year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Channel-9...eebcf9&vxp=mtr

they seem decent. they use 3M adhesive, so i know they will stay on... just wondering if they will crack or fade in time.

thank you for any info..

also, im looking for the size of my front door speakers. the bass is shot on my stock speakers and im getting several different answers online.
    -=- My cars -=-
    1985 Chevy Monte Carlo SS sbc 305 , 200-4r
    2001 GMC Jimmy SLE with rebuilt 4.3l vortec v6 (about 70k on rebuld) <- Daily Driver<

Never heard of them also there pictures don’t do them any justice. They look real thin. I like mine also we have a sponsor here that has EGR which are real good. Follow this link to see them and if you like then contact @EGRUSA. If I did not just get mine 2 months ago, I would of got these.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/90330-New-EGR-3D-Logo-On-Window-Visors-and-Hood-Shields-Whats-Your-Opinion#axzz265ACs5xZ
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I would go with @EGRUSA, no questions asked! They have in channel visors so you don't have to worry about the adhesives and they look a lot nicer. Not to mention their exellent customer service. I have only had mine for six months or so. But, I have friends that have had them on their trucks for years and they look exactly the same as the day they put them on. Here is a link to their website: They are significantly more expensive than the two you mentioned, but well worth it in my opinion. You get what you pay for
    http://egrusa.com/lookup.html?selyea...idVehicle=true

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

thanks guys,.. ivebeen havn issues posting.
    those EGR's are alittle more then i want to spend. how are the ones they sell at advanced auto parts(ventshades)?
    -=- My cars -=-
    2001 GMC Jimmy SLE with rebuilt 4.3l vortec v6 (about 70k on rebuld) <- Daily Driver<

Ones that work. I tried them once and learned that they are really a gimmick so I returned them and leave the windows shut when it is raining.

ive been seeing the inchannel rain guards, and the regular ones. which ones are better?
    im going to call and find out how thick the ebay ones are. if they suck i might go with the advance auto parts ones.
    -=- My cars -=-