GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Burb owner!!!!!!!

Not my first one but a little bit newer than my old 77. 2002 Z71 and it's nice compared to my beat up blazer. Anyways, just starting off by saying hi and looking to spending over $100 at the pump but who cares when it's paid for?

The heat shield is noisy so I might as well do a complete exhaust system, anyone have a good combo?
    My dvd player works but no sound comes out. The control on the center console is bashed in so I can't even see the power LED come on. I can't even push any of the buttons. Is this a hard piece to find?

Just figured out the homelink buttons.
    Last edited by joshuaT; 09-19-2012 at 07:21 PM.

No, it should not be that hard to locate. checkout gmpartsdirect.com they have it. go to catalog, put in your vehicle then. 2002 CHEVROLET Suburban 1500 BODY HARDWARE CONSOLE it is number 8. $172.74

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

Congrats on your new puchase and welcome to the forum (from one newbie to another)!

Welcome to the club!
    Good call Pikey. Do you know which heat shield it is? There are probably 12 or more. They do have a function. Maybe one or more of the 10mm nuts holding it on is missing, or needs to be tightened? Any after market exhaust would work with the heat shields? I like JBA headers and a Magnaflow cat back. I have a single 3 inch exhaust. Are you going for dual exhausts? I recommend single for weight and less complexity. I also think that the single scavenges the exhaust more efficiently due to the vacuum behind the exhaust pulse helps pull the next exhaust pulse out of the cylinder. But, I see many more duals than singles.
    Bill M. Blown 2003 Tahoe Z71