GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: China Motors

Default China Motors

Could this be true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
    2001 GMC Savana SLT

John 8:31-32

Blog Entries

Even if it is true, how is it any different than any other company that produces things in China? How much stuff in your home right now has "Made in China" stamped/stickered on the bottom? Probably a lot more than you think, even if you are the type that tries not to buy Chinese products.

I am not saying this is right, because it's not. An American company that took American dollars so that it wouldn't go bankrupt shouldn't be producing anything in the Communist Republic, IMO. But, I still believe that we shouldn't have even given the company money in the first place.

That's as much as I'll say without getting too political. Apply this video to anything manufactured in China.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    Even if it is true, how is it any different than any other company that produces things in China? How much stuff in your home right now has "Made in China" stamped/stickered on the bottom? Probably a lot more than you think, even if you are the type that tries not to buy Chinese products.

I am not saying this is right, because it's not. An American company that took American dollars so that it wouldn't go bankrupt shouldn't be producing anything in the Communist Republic, IMO. But, I still believe that we shouldn't have even given the company money in the first place.

That's as much as I'll say without getting too political. Apply this video to anything manufactured in China.
    We could boycot GM

Chinese Chevrolet Colorado, anyone?

Or perhaps a Chinese F150 is more your style...

"It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I have been discussing this with family members for the last few years. When we bought my wifes torrent the sticker said that the motor was made in China the trans made in Japan, it was assembled in Canada and had some high percentage of parts made in Mexico. So, Yes we did buy a car made by an American car company, I did not get an American made car. I understand that it is done that way for cost savings which in theory should make the vehicle more affordable for the consumer. As we all know, Prices are not going down for a new vehicle. I just priced out a new Yukon XL at more than $65,000! I have been told by many of my friends and family that work in the Automotive field (GM, Diamler, Ford, many suppliers) That it is proven in many cases that they can actually get parts made cheaper in the states. But, for some reason they have a hard time migrating part manufacture here. It could be contracts with the overseas companies, it could be the fact that many small manufactures can not survive or start up with the way GM does business. They pay after 90 days sometimes longer. This 90 days is after the machine or part is used. So, if I build a machine for GM and ship it to them, then their plant is not ready for another 6 months or a year, I don't get paid until my machine is running in their plant. So maybe 6 months plus 90 days, maybe 1 year plus 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    Chinese Chevrolet Colorado, anyone?

Or perhaps a Chinese F150 is more your style...

Is that an oil leak under the Colorado? Just like the real thing!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Haahaahaa! There is debate whether these vehicles are actually GM and Ford built Chinese variations or whether the Chinese made copies of them. Gm has developed a chinese-only version of the Chevy Colorado. It sells for under $10,000. Of course, there are no airbags but it does come standard with ABS.

wow, thats extremely disappointing.

i know i wont buy a GM with a made in china sticker on the bottom...
    -=- My cars -=-
    1985 Chevy Monte Carlo SS sbc 305 , 200-4r
    2001 GMC Jimmy SLE with rebuilt 4.3l vortec v6 (about 70k on rebuld) <- Daily Driver<

My friends we've been sold down the river, and it isnt a new revelation, foreign countries have been slowly taking away American manufacturing for many years, sometimes the companies we know and trust willingly move manufacturing overseas to avoid tax and/or save on labor, sometimes companies have ideas stolen and in the end it's cheaper to sub contract out rather than fight. But whatever the reason many American companies arent the patriotic bastions we've thought them to be over the years, they hope you wont find the truth but in the end it all comes down to greed, how much can the CEO's and investors put in their pockets. Remember after they have your money and you find out you were lied to or even "simply misled" about the origin of your product who's gonna make them give you your money back? Politicians? Not likely, they'll huff and puff to make sure they keep your vote but if worse comes to worse they already have someone elses money in their bank account and you can bet it's enough to retire on, not to mention the generous guaranteed retirement check they already have from Uncle Sugar.

Yeah this is very disappointing to watch, My stepfather worked 25 years in GM's axle plant and is disgusted at whats gone on with GM. He's been retired now for 23 years and slowly but surely they have taken his medical benefits away. Dental insurance was totally taken away just before the bailout. All his copays are going up and now is when he uses the med. insurance the most as hes falling apart. How much of china's dollars helped the bailout??!!!! This is B.S.!!!

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper