GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swatchvy View Post
    Tc is off and I drove a couple new ones and I know for a fact those ran differently.
    Call Gm customer service. Get the sales guy involved. Get the service manager involved. Make a scene in the service department and the show room, that you just bought a new vehicle from them and they will not or can not fix it. It only has 2800 miles on it. The longer you have it the harder it will be for you to get them to do something about it.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Called customer service yesterday, filed a couple of complaints, they asked me what gm could do to make this right. I said fix this truck or give me a new one otherwise this is probably the last gm product I buy. Here's hoping they make it right, hopefully i hear back from them today.I never mentioned that I dropped the truck off last week, called and talked to someone that said they were still working on it, swung by the dealer to find my truck untouched. I asked a couple of the service guys and they didn't even know it was there.I love it when I'm flat out lied to.

I haven't had the rough idle but there are times like I feel it doesn't havE the take off power but I assumed it was from the lift and tires. But then again I went from a diesel to a 5.3 gas. So I'm not sure how a gas engine should feel. Lol. Keep us posted on how everything goes with GM, I would like to know how it all goes down & what their willing to do for you.
    2012 Silverado LT crew cab Z-71: 6" Pro Comp lift w/ trailing arms / 18" Pro Comp black rims with 35x12.50 Pro Comp X-Terrain's / Black "Z71 4x4" Bed Decals / Flowmaster's "Super 40" series Single in - Dual out the rear

I have an appointment Tuesday morning with the dealerships service manager to take it for a drive and point out what it's doing. Will definitely keep up with the updates.

My 1500 is under 1k miles and I have noticed that the six speed with the 5.3l is not as smooth as I would like. I find that taking off from a stop with a moderate to light foot on the gas, I can feel the trans banging ever so slightly from 2 to maybe up to 3rd gear. It's not silky smooth. If I try to hold the speed between 40-50 on the local roads, I can fell the trans shifting around. I think what is happening is as it goes from v4 to v8, the trans shifts down just one gear. I can't really tell by the tach because I'm usually accelerating slightly. Overall it all works OK and it feels normal. I have the posilock rear end and if you punch it and the wheels slip, you can feel the rear end lock up and it really grips. Give this 5.3l full gas and it is awesome. The rear is a 3.43 gear becuase of the tow package.
    I wish there was a display in the automatic mode to tell what gear you're in.

Dropped my truck off a couple days ago after I took a service manager for a ride and he noticed my issue and described it as fish biting. Short version is that it is a characteristic of these trucks and until chevrolet comes out with a solution there is nothing they can or will do. They also say the transmission slamming into gear is normal, not a little clunk, a big bang. So I guess I'll keep the truck and drive it like I stole it. If she blows anything out the bottom it's under warranty.
    Andy
    05 Silverado 1500 Z71 Until 6/5/12

Straight Pipe Dual Exhaust
    LED Third Brake Light
    Ram Air Cowl Induction Hood
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    DeBadged

The 6 speed tranny on the 5.3L is relatively new, I have the 4 speed on my truck but it is 12 years old. I am sure they did not work out all the bugs in the new tranny.

Not sure it will make you feel any better, but there is a rumor that in 2014 GM might be moving to an 8 speed tranny on the 5.3L engines from some articles I have read. So I am going to avoid getting a new Gas GM for while.

I am actually looking at Duramaxes

I heard a similar rumor about an 8 speed, sounds nuts. I wanted to get a diesel this time around but things just didn't work that way, this time.

Dropped my truck off a couple days ago after I took a service manager for a ride and he noticed my issue and described it as fish biting. Short version is that it is a characteristic of these trucks and until chevrolet comes out with a solution there is nothing they can or will do. They also say the transmission slamming into gear is normal, not a little clunk, a big bang. So I guess I'll keep the truck and drive it like I stole it. If she blows anything out the bottom it's under warranty.
    My 6 speed works like it should, not as you describe...........I would go to a different dealer and get a second opinion.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

. They also say the transmission slamming into gear is normal, not a little clunk, a big bang.
    The service manger might be right about the Chevrolet getting a fix but loud banging and erratic shifts is not normal. Earlier you mentioned that you drove another new truck at the dealer and it did not have this issue. I would use the lemon law. It may takes months and alot of frustration but that is why there is the lemon law, to protect the consumer. By the time it gets settled there may only be 2013 models. You'll need to come up with the $ difference if the list price of a 2013 to a 2012 model is greater (it will be be sure).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast