GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default May we Never Forget.. 9/11/01...

Here is a pic taken from the back of our boat 2 weeks before 9/11/01 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0241.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	43804And one to remember.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	911lights.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	43805
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Hard to believe that was 11 years ago. I was on my way to work and heard the news.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

A little premature, as it's still the 10th ... but the sentiment is there, always.

I was a federal contractor working for the USPS in their National Support Center when it happened, and we lost contact with the post offices in Lower Manhattan. Everyone was glued to the monitors when it happened.

Legend

Steve Can we keep this on top for the day?

I remember that sad day. I was sitting in my 8th grade English class a little after 9 am when my baseball coach at the time came to the classroom and asked for the teacher to step out of class. When they came back into the room he made the announcement about the first plane hitting. I think next period we didn't even have class, we just sat and watch the news.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I will never forget that day. I went to the Redsox Yankee Game in NY the night before and it rained out, we tailgated in the parking lot for a bit then went home, next day I was at work sitting at my desk across from my co worker who I went to the game with. The owner of the company and I were talking on the phone and he told me what happened, minutes later our controller came running in with the news and the phones went dead. Usually the phone rang nonstop but only 2-3 calls and were relatives telling us the news. We watched the news on a 13" tv and listened on the radio. It was a very sad day I will never forget. My daughter was only 2 months old and now in 5th grade she asks me about what this day means and I tell her the story and how sad it was. I hope my kids will never have to see this type of tragedy ever in their life times.

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

I remember everything about that day, I was only 11 at the time. To this day it still gets me when I think about it. I never wouldve thought 11 years later I would be sitting here in taliban country fighting those same masterminds. Its a very hard day here. RIP to those who died that day and every day since then defending the USA!!!

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Legend

I live about 25 mi's from the site and I can see the twin lights on now.. If I had the time I would go down tonight but have a all day event to do in the morning..

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    A little premature, as it's still the 10th ... but the sentiment is there, always.
    I could care less if he posted this on Easter! 343 firefighters went to work that morning. It was just any other day... they never went home. They were daddies, fathers, husbands, sons, siblings and friends.

Fire and Rescue personnel put their lives on the line every single day to save the lives of strangers. We save good people and bad, without regard to race, color, religion or creed. We help everyone equally and universally. We run to danger while everyone else is running away from it.

It makes absolutely NO difference that Enkeiavalanche made that post late on the night of the 10th. At least the post was made and respect was shown for those who paid the ultimate price for others.

God Bless our nation and God Bless those who dedicate their lives to serve others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6243.jpg  
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by