GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just got of the phone with my local dealer and he told me that this truck needs 800CCA, can anyone offer any advice on this............Thanks

Thats what I have in my truck 800cca.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

BigRed, if your in Van, and not out in the mountains, 660 will get you through a downtown winter.

Today's trucks have so many electric "features" that the 800 is considered a "probably never fail in the Yukon" requirement. If your parking it outside this winter, change to synthetic engine oil and you will be fine.

In fact, if it fails to start, call me I'll drive out and give you a boast (about 4 days), haha.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Blog Entries

Sorry, but if the factory calls for a 800, you should have an 800. The 660 may work for a while, but it won't last nearly as long as the one the factory calls for, and if you do plan on adding any aftermarket equipment that takes extra power, you may as well get the right battery. But, you mentioned a possible second battery, maybe you can keep the one you have and use that as a back up.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12