GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 2003 Tahoe LT/Z71. My Battery was giving me alot of probvlems.

Next I was at the stoe gettig food. And it started but in low engine mode. 20KMès all the way home. I let it sit overnight and it and the same thing, waited on more day. It started OK. I have a sick 4 year old with Canser ALL, I need this unit to go all the thime so we can make it to B.C.C.Hospital. I only have 144,000 Km, on it. Does any one have sopme help to offer.
    Thanks..................

Go to an autoparts store like autozone to have them test your charging system.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sorry to hear about your child, life is just not fair.

Your battery may be on it's last legs, do you know how old it is?

Getting it tested, as Conlan suggested is a good next step.

However, having the engine go into "limp home" mode may mean something else is wrong. While having the battery tested, have the store check for any codes in the PCM (codes usually bring on the Check Engine Light, but some don't).
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Sorry to hear about your child, life is just not fair.

Your battery may be on it's last legs, do you know how old it is?

Getting it tested, as Conlan suggested is a good next step.

However, having the engine go into "limp home" mode may mean something else is wrong. While having the battery tested, have the store check for any codes in the PCM (codes usually bring on the Check Engine Light, but some don't).
    I agree with rayvoy, you need to have it checked for codes. Doing a little research I found that a common cause for your issue is the throttle body motor. But, you need to have it checked so you can narrow down the cause. Some parts stores will loan you a code reader If you can't drive it to a parts store. Then you can take it home and scan it yourself.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sorry about the first post Pikey, I get so little sleep I donèt know what I am doing half the time. Went out to try the truck today (2003 Tahoe LT, 5.3, Z71,150.000KMs) and the power was down but it started with no engine light on the dash and in full power mode. I didnèt drive it anywhere as I do not want to get stuck. Now I am not sure what to do. At one point I thought new batt and alt should do it but now...

Any new developments on this @bigredDADDY53 ?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)