GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default How can I turn off key and seatbelt chime?

No seatbelt lectures please.
    I don't wear one while plowing and don't want to get a junkyard "clip" as every vehicle has a sequence of button touches to do this. If I posted this on an import car or truck for sure someone would tell me in the Quick how to do this. Every car has a bypass so mechanics don't go deaf from hearing the chimes all the time.
    Can anyone also tell me how to stop the automatic door locks from engaging. I don't like running around to unlock the passenger side all the time.I live in a safe area and don't like locking my doors anyway. Its a 2008 Chevy 2500.
    I plow and only go 5mph and need to turn and twist. I also get out and have to talk to people and those chimes drive me nuts.
    Last edited by Broge; 09-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.

2 suggestions for the seatbelt chime. latch the seatbelt then get in the seat. Or go to the junk yard and cut one out of a truck that will fit yours and when you plow just plug it in. Not sure on the key dinger cause that drives me nuts.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Blog Entries

Not sure on the NNBS, but I know that the 07 classic had an option for turning off the auto locks (or maybe just switching it from going a certain speed to whenever the truck gears are engaged....) from the steering wheel controls.

As for the seat belt, I usually just clip mine before getting in (I don't wear mine while I am hunting, if I am truck hunting that is). Mine will only go off though if I have a passenger with me and they aren't buckled up. It's done that since my stereo was installed. The "Buckle Seatbelt" prompt still comes up in the dash, but it doesn't ding.

A little off topic, what kind of plow do you use? I am thinking of getting one for my truck so that my dad and I can plow all the stuff at work, but I don't want to spend bookoo bucks on a Boss. He has a Snowbear or something that works pretty good, but the mounting hardware has cracked his frame in a couple of spots.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    A little off topic, what kind of plow do you use? I am thinking of getting one for my truck so that my dad and I can plow all the stuff at work, but I don't want to spend bookoo bucks on a Boss. He has a Snowbear or something that works pretty good, but the mounting hardware has cracked his frame in a couple of spots.
    Not to keep this but I have used a Snoway for the past 5 years for 3 driveways each year and am pretty impressed with how its held up. Should be using it again this year. Ive only had to change bulbs in the turn signals which can be expected with the vibration it sustains.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Master Mechanic

Im not sure how or why, after we replaced the front door speakers in my 2004, I never heard the chimes again. I was very pleased to find this out. But like I said, I dont know why it ended up that way
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post

I plowed for a friends very large company for about 10 years. We did huge lots for chrysler, GM, apartment buildings ect.. We tore up alot of plows (we plowed at about 40-50 mph because you had to throw the snow as far as possible, heck yes we wore seatbelts hitting a manhole cover at 5mph will still make you kiss the dash). He started buying the boss V-plows, it cut our plow time considerably. Sometimes we would plow for 24 hours, have 6 hours of and go out for 24 again. This would go on for a week at a time. These plows really held up. They were the toughest plows that he had found.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

A little off topic, what kind of plow do you use? I am thinking of getting one for my truck so that my dad and I can plow all the stuff at work, but I don't want to spend bookoo bucks on a Boss. He has a Snowbear or something that works pretty good, but the mounting hardware has cracked his frame in a couple of spots.[/QUOTE]
    I'm using a Boss straight 7ft, better then the Meyers I had. I would suggest they offer as option a better connector for electric connections. An aircraft BNC threaded waterproof would work fine and only cost a few more bucks. I think everyone has problem with connector and corrosion.
    I did find way to lower volume of chime by holding the 6 button down on radio. Still noisy.

louder exhaust

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Quote Originally Posted by Broge View Post
    No seatbelt lectures please.
    I don't wear one while plowing and don't want to get a junkyard "clip" as every vehicle has a sequence of button touches to do this. If I posted this on an import car or truck for sure someone would tell me in the Quick how to do this. Every car has a bypass so mechanics don't go deaf from hearing the chimes all the time.
    Can anyone also tell me how to stop the automatic door locks from engaging. I don't like running around to unlock the passenger side all the time.I live in a safe area and don't like locking my doors anyway. Its a 2008 Chevy 2500.
    I plow and only go 5mph and need to turn and twist. I also get out and have to talk to people and those chimes drive me nuts.
    For the seatbelts, as has been suggested, I'd just latch the belt then sit on top of it. Per your request I won't lecture you on safety though.

As for the door locks, I know my DIC allows me to control, to an extent, the automatic door locks and when they engage. Have you looked through all of the options there?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

locks can only adjust to lock when moving or when put in gear. I know after 2010 they offered more control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast