GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

here is how my wife and sometimes I do it. use a rubber glove, slightly dampen it and rub over the seat covers and it rolls up! Believe it or not it gets a lot of of our Retrievers fur then when we vacuum and it is less time vacuuming. Some times i use my bare hand slightly damp for a quick clean up.
    Don't laugh... it works! On longer fur anyway!
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

The cloth that GM uses for Silverado seats is definitely a lint and pet hair magnet. My 2008 was a PITA to keep the black cloth seats looking clean.

I have found that a good vacuuming followed up by a good lint rolling gives the best results.

Get something that looks just like this with stiff brissles
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hygiene-hand-brush-blue-detail-580x435.gif 
Views:	51 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	51919
    lucky our trucks sit up ON the frame so there is no annoying "hump" to get over as you work the fur towards the doors lol
    but yeah, long brissles are the way to go... just ask the german sheppard...
    he says yes
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

This is why before my dogs get in the truck a sheet is placed on the floor and a seat protector (canvas cover) is put on the back seat. Doesn't keep it all from getting on the carpet but does stop most of it. And for what does get on the carpet I just vac up with the shop vac. The Lab gets all kinds of hyper about getting in the truck. My Jack Russel Terror could really care less.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Seriously. The sell them everywhere cheap. Give it a shot. One of these, a bucket of warm water and a roll of paper towels.
    The Real, Original Tachyon.
    Accept No substitutes!
    - 99 K2500 Suburban with GMPP HT383E Engine, Hypertech Max Energy programmer, JBA 1832S-2 headers, Magnaflow cats and exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Tahoe Sport Grill Swap, Go Industries Rancher Grill Guard, PIAA Driving Lights, Anzio Headlights
    - 88 K1500 Suburban with Targetmaster 350 and built TH700R4 - Gone but not forgotten!

Umm, this thread is 9 months old. It hadn't seen any activity in the last 5 months ... until @K15 Blazer Guy responded to it as if it were current/recent. Did we really need to resurrect a thread that had been dormant for 5 months?

And while I'm here ... umm ... we drive TRUCKS. Put the dang pets in the bed of the truck instead of in the cab and you don't have a problem to begin with. Duh!

Well, the post was in the today's active posts list so.....

Anyway, for those of us that aren't Michael Vick, our pets often ride inside the vehicle. Particularly those of us with SUV's.
    Accept No substitutes!
    - 99 K2500 Suburban with GMPP HT383E Engine, Hypertech Max Energy programmer, JBA 1832S-2 headers, Magnaflow cats and exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Tahoe Sport Grill Swap, Go Industries Rancher Grill Guard, PIAA Driving Lights, Anzio Headlights
    - 88 K1500 Suburban with Targetmaster 350 and built TH700R4 - Gone but not forgotten!

Yeah, pets in the bed is a no-go for me.

I use a 5.5HP shop vac to get out the pet hair. Works great.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    for those of us that aren't Michael Vick, our pets often ride inside the vehicle. Particularly those of us with SUV's.
    If Michael Vick had merely put pets in the bed for transport he'd not have done any jail time, a there's nothing cruel about it, it's done all the time, and is especially common among hunters during transport. The implication that it's cruel by comparing to Michael Vick is a ridiculous and gross mischaracterization.

The point of what I suggested was simple -- the problem this thread tries to address can be completely avoided by truck owners. SUV owners can also put pet carriers in the vehicle so the pet remains in that, rather than making furry contact with vehicle's interior, directly. Again, problem completely avoided.

Perhaps I just expect more discipline out of pets than most. Maybe people's pets, today, are being treated a lot like people's kids are today -- not disciplined in a firm, respectful, loving manner intended for the good of the pet and/or pet/owner relationship? After all, they don't need to be shedding on anything of the owner's if the owner doesn't want them to -- that's a matter of proper discipline and handling.

Alox made the same point -- put something between the interior and the pet. I simply extended that to include placement of the outside of the vehicle between the interior of the vehicle and the pet ... and it's a common practice.

The OP asked a simple question. Most people tried to supply a helpful answer that fit his situation.
    He did not ask for opinions on the way he handles or transports his pets. That's his business.
    Accept No substitutes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast