GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry speedometer dont work plus more? please help

OK, blinkers, speedometer, trans. temp don't work. Airbag light is on also seat belt light is on when wearing it. The blinkers work on the outside when i turn them on but not in the control panel. Some one told me it might be the control panel cluster? If you think you might know what it is, how much am i talking here? Help not a good day. Thanks.......
    To top it off city did some taring and did not put up cones. Now my front rt tire is loaded w/tar. Still working on that
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I seem to suggest this quite often, but I am going to have to suggest a bad or lifted ground to the cluster. It could be other things as well, but the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to start by making sure it has a good connection to ground.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Ok, ill turned it on to move 2ins to turn tires to continue to dig at tar on tire. Everything worked?

@moogvo isnt the ground wired a clip wire. how would that go? or where?

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    Ok, ill turned it on to move 2ins to turn tires to continue to dig at tar on tire. Everything worked?
    your gonna get a T.W.I (typing while intoxicated)

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    @moogvo isnt the ground wired a clip wire. how would that go? or where?
    The first thing to do is to pull the cluster out and inspect the contacts where they mate to the connector in the dash. Make sure the cluster contacts and the dash connector are clean and free of any corrosion. Spray a dab of electrical contact cleaner in the connector. Figure out which wire in the harness is the ground and test the resistance to the chassis with a meter. If you have a shake ground at the connector, trace the wire backwards to check it on the other end... You might need a factory service manual for tracking down wiring.

Lmao- i was on my third. I hate using my phone on any web site. I cant type any good. And either my brain is going faster than my typing or my typing is going faster than my brain. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    your gonna get a T.W.I (typing while intoxicated)

Looks like my plains for the weekend are set. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    The first thing to do is to pull the cluster out and inspect the contacts where they mate to the connector in the dash. Make sure the cluster contacts and the dash connector are clean and free of any corrosion. Spray a dab of electrical contact cleaner in the connector. Figure out which wire in the harness is the ground and test the resistance to the chassis with a meter. If you have a shake ground at the connector, trace the wire backwards to check it on the other end... You might need a factory service manual for tracking down wiring.