GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Has anyone done an E-Rod engine swap?

Man if I hit the lotto I'd be putting these into everything. But I haven't yet so I'm interested in anyone's experiences with these engines.

http://www.chevroletperformance.com/erod/
    The Real, Original Tachyon.
    Accept No substitutes!
    - 99 K2500 Suburban with GMPP HT383E Engine, Hypertech Max Energy programmer, JBA 1832S-2 headers, Magnaflow cats and exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Tahoe Sport Grill Swap, Go Industries Rancher Grill Guard, PIAA Driving Lights, Anzio Headlights
    - 88 K1500 Suburban with Targetmaster 350 and built TH700R4 - Gone but not forgotten!

The erod LSA looks sweet! I've got the 6.0L Caddy engine in mine (LQ9), and love it. I tow 10Klbs on cruise control over 7.5% grades (4000RPM is the sweet spot, and that sucker kicks out a ton of power at 55MPH uphill). I can't imagine the giddy joy I'd get running the 6.2 at 500+ HP.

Thanks for the morning pep up!
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

I helped a friend drop an E-ROD LS-7 in a Deuce Coupe earlier this summer, probably one of the easiest engine swaps I've ever done, if you get the whole package its a plug and play deal. No figuring out what wire to connect where.
    The set-up is universal so theres parts provided that allow you to change your installation for the intake and exhaust, makes fitment much easier, and having all the electronics mapped out is a big plus.
    We pulled the existing engine/trans and wire harness, installed the new wire harness and controllers, engine and trans, and had the car running down the road in two days, all with basic hand tools and out of a garage with no special lifts.

Sounds like an awesome project. And he ends up with a powerful, reliable vehicle that probably even gets decent mileage.

- - - Updated - - -

If I ever hit the lotto, I want to put together a Factory Five Racing GTM and drop in one of the bigger E-Rod engines.

I'd also like to put one in an old full size, solid axle Blazer.

My dad just bought the lsa for his new project. He was telling me tonight how amazing the package gm offers is. I'm going up to his shop tomorrow. If I don't get stuck working on my truck and don't forget I'll take some pics of his collection of Chevys
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod