GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What is the best compliment you have gotten on your Chevy?

With all the hard work and effort we put into making our trucks look custom, what is the best compliment you have ever received about your Chevy?

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 15% on Chevy mods.
    We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
    Click-to-Chat and
    we'll beat ANY price by $1.

*View our 2011 Silverado Build Page here

I a guy offer to buy my truck from me while I was washin her. Was talkin about how he loved all the mods I had already done to it. Of course I said no, but that was still pretty cool!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

I was going thru the drive thru at Timmy Hortons and the woman in the truck behind me for the cashier to tell me my truck wa badass and paid for my breakfast...?)
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Wow, both of those are great!!

Well, I used to get compliments on my Suburban all the time.. Like TimTom, I've had guys pay for my in drive thru-s, and I would have guys come up to me all the time when they'd see my truck about how clean it was,etc... One great thing that was always said to me was "You're a girl... And THATS your truck??"

Also, i found this be a compliment as well... The first owner of my truck was a man who owned a car dealership and a motorcycle dealership. After it was a couple years old, he sold it to the man I bought it from. Well, I purchased it, i cleaned it up and did everything to it. When the original owner finally saw it after a few years, and had seen the changes I'd done to it, he would come to my work once a week to ask me if he could buy it back, and could let me pick anything off his lot.. At that time, I wanted t a diesel, but he had no Duramax's. But did have 2 Powerstroke's. I thought it was pretty cool considering he could drive whatever he wanted, but wanted my truck... Unfortunately, he has since passed away.. RIP Mr. Durand.
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

When I drive my 65 I love all the older people coming up to me and talking. They love seeing a young guy like myself in love with old trucks n cars. It never gets old talking to someone every time I'm at the pump
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I get a lot of looks from people driving other OBS trucks. I was at the end of my driveway waiting for the bus one morning with my daughter. A newer truck pulled out of the street next to my driveway. The driver craned his neck so hard looking at my truck that he drove off into the grass.

I have had a few people shout out their truck windows at me telling me they liked my truck.

It's interesting to me... I have had other trucks that I thought were much more attention getting, but people seem to really take notice of this one. I have sort of regarded this one as a beater truck...
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Blog Entries

You know, I never really get compliments for my truck. Sure, people at work or some friends that see something new I have done will say or ask about it, and maybe say it's nice or whatever but honestly, good or bad, I'm not doing anything to my truck for the benefit of others or to get attention. I like to take pictures and share them and appreciate the compliments I get here, but I just enjoy looking at what my hard work has provided me. To me, my truck is an indication of goals being accomplished for a much brighter goal for my future. It's a reminder every day of my ultimate vision of a vehicle that will take me places I've always wanted to see and meet new and interesting people.

I hope that when the end result is a little closer to being fulfilled (because honestly, who ever gets done modding a vehicle?) that I'll still be able to use it for the purpose it will serve. And so, after making myself sound like a truck obsessed nut (because I am), if I have gotten a memorable comment or compliment on my truck, it went through one ear and out the other.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I get looks at my truck all the time I love driving through Times Sq in NYC all the time....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avinwhiteout2.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	43862My old Av I used to get I saw your truck in Truckin' or some other ad... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 031_edited (Custom).jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	43863
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

A few weeks ago a woman who I would guess was in her late 60's or early 70's was making her way back to her vehicle. As I was getting into my truck she stopped and took a moment to tell me she thought that I had a beautiful truck. This was in town (city) where I live, not out in the country where I often find myself on the weekends ... and her vehicle was an Acura RL.

That might have made sense to me out in the country, as I see country gals in trucks quite a bit. However, the combination of older, female, and city gal (based on what she drove and location) was so unusual that it made me feel a special sort of pride ... as it's usually older teenagers and younger men who stop and say something, be it for the transformer logos or the truck's aesthetics. Crossing gender, generational, and urban/rural boundaries just caught me completely off guard.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by