GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My wife told me the other day she's tired of people coming up to her when she's getting gas saying how much they love the color or the wheels or the truck in general. I tried to sympathize, but failed.

One thing I like anytime I take it back to the dealership for something is that the salesmen will usually walk over to look at it and at least one usually makes a comment. I even overheard the service manager talking about it to someone else when I was around the corner one time.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I've had few compliments on "how nice" was my truck was. This was several years ago before I had some body damamge and the interior started to show some wear. Funny thing is, at the time, I had zero mods. I just took care of it and kept it clean, inside and out. There really wasn't anything special about it but the compliments were nice.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I spent $15,000 on a restoration paint job on my truck (took the body apart, soda blasted and machine sanded to metal, etc.) at THE customs shop in the Northwest. Had an artist put special art work on the back commemorating Strategic Air Command and the USO (I am a USO volunteer at Joint Base Lewis McChord). I would have to say compliments the most on the art work and the overall appearance of the truck. Replaced every piece of trim and exterior item and front and rear glass on the truck when it was repainted, so it looks brand new with some great art on the tail gate.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Most of my neighbors love it, more so when they know it is 12 years old; because other than the scratches and dents, they all tell me it looks brand new and that scratches and dents are expected when you hauled landscaping equipment, pulled trees out of the ground, ect.

Even the dealership comments on how well the paint has been taken care of because it shines more than the new trucks.

In my '62 GMC, which is long gone --- :-( ... I was pulled over by a cop once who said that because I admitted I was speeding "a little bit", and he liked my truck, he wasn't going to give me a ticket.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    In my '62 GMC, which is long gone --- :-( ... I was pulled over by a cop once who said that because I admitted I was speeding "a little bit", and he liked my truck, he wasn't going to give me a ticket.
    I had the same thing happen a few times in my lifted 95 silverado. I was pulled over because the officer wanted to ask about my truck and check it out. Kinda funny except when you are trying to get somewhere on time.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I think like nak said, keeping it clean makes a huge difference. I plan to keep this truck until it dies so taking care of it and making it how I want it is all for me. But its always nice when someone goes out of their way to give a compliment. I get a lot of,"hey nice truck dude compliments. And I'be never seen a work truck so shiny all the time. Lately I have been getting quite a few people commenting on my tires. The best was when I brought someone to get their car from a shop and all the guys working told them how much they liked them. Then asked where I got them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0458.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	43952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0459.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	43953
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

My girlfriend is a ford girl. God Bless her anyway.
    She likes my Silverado and is always saying 'that is a nice truck'. I told her that she has Chevy envy.
    Lerch
    This is Chevy Country.

I haven't had big ones.. Mostly just other guys stopping by where I work to ask me about it. One older man stopped me in the middle of Main St. to ask if my headlights were "John Deere green".. that was the funniest. But other than that, just your run of the mill, "Nice truck" type comments.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    4WD, Standard cab

Current Mods:
    2" Rough Country torsion keys, Black Bowtie, 3rd brake light tinted, custom tint on headlight/turn signal corners and taillights, Tractor Supply low profile toolbox, 8000K green Xentec HID headlights/Fog Lights, Window tint, 285/75R16 Falken Rocky Mountain AT/S tires, Flowmaster 10 Series single chamber exhaust 3" tips.

I wasnt told this but assumed it was a compliment.I was driving up a 30mph street and a nice looking girl was walking and looked back at me as I began to pass her and I saw her mouth drop just as she tripped on an unlevel sidewalk block. She looked ok in the mirror but I bet was super embarrased.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast