GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tires and Trimming

Is it possible to fit 33" 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers on chevy 18" rims with a 2.5" Rough Country lift on
    a 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab without any trimming?

Before any smart mouthin goes on - Yes I have researched the crap out of this and found zero hit for the setup I'm wanting.

The 17" says yes it can work but I'm running my upgraded stock 18's

I know 285/65/18 is nearly perfect but I want the wider 12.5 tire -

285/70/18 I'm not really interested in...

Helpful comments would be appreciated, I've been looking for a week now with no absolute answer.
    Next option will be going to a tire shop and just making them try a set on.

2012 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3
    Rough Country 2.5' Lift/Level
    Chevy 18's on Toyo Open Country MT 33's
    DiabloSport Trinity Tuner with Custom Tune from Lew
    Debating on AMP Research Powersteps

2008 GMC Sierra WT 4x2 4.3

3" Rough Country Suspension Lift w/Control Arms
    Super 44 Flowmaster Straight Dual Exhaust from the Cat Back with 18" Chrome 3.5" Exhaust Tips.
    Moto Wheels 951 18" on Nitto Mud Grappler 33's
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 System with Kenwood 5.1 amp using Stock Headunit.

You're probably going to have to try a set on, since the range of tire and wheel combinations is so large and the number of people who enthusiastically post about their combinations is comparatively so much smaller ... that the chances of someone having your exact setup AND posting about it ... are slim ... unless your setup is very, very common.

That said, why not trim? I ask this because I, too, was resistant to it, at first ... but I finally took the stance that trimming some plastic with a Dremel shouldn't be a barrier to me running the wheels and tires I want to run. When spending money on wheels and tires for the look we desire ... minor plastic trimming seems strange to let it hold us up or influence a choice.

People looking at my vehicle can't tell it's been trimmed unless they are enthusiasts ... and enthusiasts don't tend to care.

When you put it into terms like that it does seem like a weak reason, but I'm reluctant because it's a brand new truck that cost more than the house I grew up in I want it to be perfect as long as possible. I talked to King Tire here in Jackson and they said my setup would work, they're well respected. This is what I asked and their response.
    "Is it possible to fit 33" 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers on chevy 18" rims with a 2.5" Rough Country lift on a 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab without any trimming?" King Tire: "Yes, they will fit no problem without trimming"

I'm getting the lift put on this week hopefully this week and will test the setup myself. I Will have an update post to share the info.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyTN View Post
    When you put it into terms like that it does seem like a weak reason, but I'm reluctant because it's a brand new truck that cost more than the house I grew up in I want it to be perfect as long as possible. I talked to King Tire here in Jackson and they said my setup would work, they're well respected. This is what I asked and their response.
    "Is it possible to fit 33" 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers on chevy 18" rims with a 2.5" Rough Country lift on a 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab without any trimming?" King Tire: "Yes, they will fit no problem without trimming"

I'm getting the lift put on this week hopefully this week and will test the setup myself. I Will have an update post to share the info.
    Pics!