GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 05 yukon xl hydro booster leaking

When I hit the brakes hard in my truck I get some pedal kickback and then feels normal. Under light braking it feels fine. I looked under the dash today and noticed that where the rod goes from the pedal thru the fire wall is leaking brake fluid. Does anyone have experience with the hydro boosters? I have done the old vaccuum boosters but never delt with the hydro.
    Last edited by Pikey; 09-14-2012 at 02:44 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

After freaking out about the $240 part and my labor, I realized that I have an extended warrant. So, I took it in today they are replacing the booster and the gear box because they found that it was also leaking. Just costs me $100

Sr. Engineer

Sounds like a good deal. I'm glad the warranty is working out for you.